Calling Cofty and others regarding evolution

by dubstepped 340 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It doesn't seem as if Christadelphians believe all animals were vegetarian before the fall from what I gather.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Cofty:

Biology is NOTHING like art or machinery.

When looked at from afar many will come to that conclusion.

However, when the tiniest of details are examined to evaluate how they masterfully join and interact to sustain the processes of life, another conclusion displaces the look from afar. Living organisms are most wonderful machines which possess incredible complexity. We have barely scratched the surface of the secrets of life study.

To those who are comfortable with the Evolution Doctrine that is your choice. For whatever reasons or fears. It is also your freedom.

We haven't yet reached the end of this chapter of the story. In due time more will be learned and all will know Truth. Our present beliefs do not impact that positive outcome in any way. We have been given the freedom to follow our hearts to whatever destination we choose.

• cofty
    cofty

Old Navy - gibberish masquerading as profundity.

You inspired me to post a whole new thread in your honour...

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    1. Try to throw in the name of some PhD with a Doctorate in history or philosophy who agrees with you.

BEHE and PURDOM have phds in relevant areas & believe in creationism...

u don't have to strawman to win the argument.

UPDATE: Got a name wrong sorry.

• cofty
    cofty
    actually Meyers has a phd in biology..

No he doesn't and he is called Meyer. He has a Ph.D. in the history and philosophy of science.

Behe has a Ph.D in biochemistry but I never said otherwise.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Win the argument?

No need to devote any energy to such pursuit.

We are not yet in possession of all relevant "facts" to prove either "theory."

We are all free to believe as we desire.

In the meanwhile, until Truth is complete, study and cogitate while examining the tiniest "parts" of all life. Such activity is very, very good for the Mind of Man.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

cofty: ok you are right I updated my post...

anyway creationists quote behe all the time so it isn't right when you say they quote someone with a degree in philosophy in general.

• cofty
    cofty
    We are not yet in possession of all relevant "facts" to prove either "theory.

We passed the point many years ago when biological evolution was proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

Creationism isn't a 'theory' it's a myth.

• cofty
    cofty

hot - Don't correct posts after it has been commented on.

Your point is irrelevant.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

my 2c: the problem is ppl who believe in darwinism fail to acknowledge darwinism is many things -- some are proven beyond all reasonable doubt, other things are very speculative. so saying it is all proven to be true is really overstating the evidence, and similarly when a creationist say it is all doubtful he too is overstating the evidence. IMO thats why so much of the discussion is not useful.

it is like climate science: nobody doubt the earth has warmed in this century somewhat.. but global warming believers then goes on to say it is known humans are behind this and the trend will just continue unless we do all kinds of crazy things. this is really overstating the evidence a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit