Calling Cofty and others regarding evolution

by dubstepped 340 Replies latest jw friends

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

cofty: man you got some elder in you... I even wrote I updated my post bc I made a mistake and you are not happy!

See I acknowledged my mistake, perhaps YOU can acknowledge that SOMETIMES ppl who do not believe in evolution cite scientists with real degrees like BEHE?

Or perhaps you are truly the one amongst us with no faults lol :-).

• cofty
    cofty
    the problem is ppl who believe in darwinism fail to acknowledge darwinism is many things

Darwinism doesn't exist.

some are proven beyond all reasonable doubt, other things are very speculative

For example?

The simple fact that every living thing evolved from a common ancestor over millions of years is a certain as the fact that the earth is not flat.

SOMETIMES ppl who do not believe in evolution cite scientists with real degrees like BEHE?

Of course they do. Why are you telling me that? I never said otherwise. I refute Behe's bullshit on this forum regularly.

man you got some elder in you..

Pathetic.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    Darwinism doesn't exist.

fact check: false

"Darwinism is a theory of biological evolution developed by the English naturalist Charles Darwin (1809–1882)"

But sure you know better than wikipedia lol

For example?

The origin of human thought, for instance.

The development of very early life, for instance.

The evolution of flowers, for instance.

Or perhaps you know how these things happened???

See, when you just read a bunch of popular book about evolution everything looks very simple. When you look beneath the surface it is more complicated.

Why are you telling me that?

bc your point was that creationists cite ppl with degrees in philosophy...

they cite ppl with degrees in philosophy, and ppl with degrees in biology.

• cofty
    cofty
    sure you know better than wikipedia lol

Apparently I do in this instance. Nobody who wants to have a conversation about evolution talks about 'Darwinism'. If he was alive today he would not recognise very much of his own theory.

The origin of human thought, for instance.

What do you mean by 'human thought' exactly?

The development of very early life, for instance.

The fact of evolution is not dependant on abiogenesis. Having said that a great deal of progress is being made in discovering how geochemistry became biochemistry. Some of the most promising research is in the field of bioenergetics. I have described it elsewhere many times.

The evolution of flowers, for instance.

What about the evolution of flowers? A lot of stuff has been discovered about the evolution of angiosperms. What is your point? Just because a huge amount of detail remains to be discovered doesn't mean the fact of evolution is in doubt. What is your point?

See, when you just read a bunch of popular book about evolution everything looks very simple. When you look beneath the surface it is more complicated

When you read popular science nothing looks simple at all. Reading a lot about a subject is the best way to grasp how much there still is to learn. When you don't read anything then things seem simplistic.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero
    Apparently I do in this instance.

lol, you know better than wikipedia! I have heard it all now!

What do you mean by 'human thought' exactly?

abstract symbolic reasoning, consciousness, etc. etc.

wait a moment, are you going to ask me to define these terms endlessly to duck the question?

The fact of evolution is not dependant on abiogenesis.

You got a reading comprehension issue. I said the DEVELOPMENT of early life, not origin.

Try again.

What about the evolution of flowers?

It is an area of active research in evolutionary theory with many open questions. Google it for more information.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4905540/

The origin of the flower was a key innovation in the history of complex organisms, dramatically altering Earth’s biota. Advances in phylogenetics, developmental genetics, and genomics during the past 25 years have substantially advanced our understanding of the evolution of flowers, yet crucial aspects of floral evolution remain, ...

I believe in evolution, but I am correct there are many open questions, and I hope you are convinced of that now as well. Otherwise I will be happy to provide more information...

• cofty
    cofty

So your point is that many things still await discovery by evolutionary biologists!

Do you have a Ph.D in stating the bloody obvious?

• cofty
    cofty
    so saying it is all proven to be true is really overstating the evidence - Hothead

I found your strawman.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

me: some are proven beyond all reasonable doubt, other things are very speculative

you: For example?

me: (provide examples)

you: question examples

me: (explain my examples)

you: Do you have a Ph.D in stating the bloody obvious?

jesus.. I was just answering your damn question and you are not happy!

Are you always this upset with other people?

You seem like all you want is to get into some debate and "win" it. Are you unhappy or something???

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

and now you are down voting my post where I answered your questions without finding a single factually wrong thing about it! the lolz oh the sweet sweet lolz... :-).

UPDATED: another downvote! From now on I will upvote your posts so you feel better bro! Perhaps you will feel so happy you will have a reasoned discussion?

• cofty
    cofty
    so saying it is all proven to be true is really overstating the evidence - Hothead

I found your strawman.

NOBODY EVER claimed everything about evolution is already known or proven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit