15 - 20 leave from congregation in North East of England

by dozy 55 Replies latest members private

• dozy
    dozy
    Does anybody else know about this? A congregation in County Durham ( which I won't publically identify but , cryptically , perhaps one that a member of the A team might have once been associated with :-) ? I've seen it on some ex-JW Facebook posts and heard through my contacts in the area ( both existing PIMO JWs and some already out ) that a good number have left in one go ( some long standing lifetime JWs as well. ) Bigwigs from London Bethel apparently getting involved to try to stop the contagion spreading.
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Awesome news. I didnt get the A TEAM reference tho. Any reason given as to why they've left?

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Thanks for the info dozy. The hailstones are not coming from JW's but apparently are falling ON them. Hopefully this local exodus includes some elders which will weaken the Borg's hierarchical structure even more.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Any idea why? It would be nice to think it could result from some sort of sudden earthquake of rationality taking grip and spreading. But more often these things are the result of local mismanagement. I do know someone who recently moved to Durham. A top elder trouble shooter, but not related to this as far as I know.

• dozy
    dozy

It's something of a developing situation. I'm sure more will come out in the coming days & weeks - perhaps some will join here ( if not already ) and post and give some background. John Cedars is working on a rebuttal to a local needs / marking / beware of the gangene type item which presumably he will publish shortly which should give a bit more of an indication about why they have left - as Slim mentioned , usually there is more to these kind of major congregation disruptions than classic "apostasy" , which tends to be much more of an individual or family thing.

I understand there is no direct connection with the apostasy in Hull. Sorry to be cryptic in terms of location etc ( those who know the congregation will immediately get the reference ) but understandably , those leaving are a bit reluctant to be too public at the moment as they have family involved etc.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    dozy - a good number have left in one go

I hope this is true and becomes a fast spreading world-wide trend.

I would like to see watchtower corporation crash and burn in my lifetime. I doubt it, but a man can hope.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Have a look at this link here, my post near bottom of page 1. Others want to leave, but family ties keeping them in. Pm if you want the cong involved.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5686300743041024/they-waking-up

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

No way; there's a MR T congregation in Durham?!

• Researchedandenlightened
    Researchedandenlightened

very close to home ! ...exciting news

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Ave Joe - No way; there's a MR T congregation in Durham?!

I love it when a plan comes together.

I piddy the fooooool......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit