Amber Scorah is on the Daily Show tonight.

by I quit! 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thanks for the link iwantoutnow!

What is the Watchtower Bible And Tract Society to do? Overnight, Amber Scorah has become like this small stone in 'Mother's' boot. One woman's crusade to help soo many trapped in this cult.

Me thinks Amber is going to make a big difference...you go girl!๐Ÿ‘

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There was a wonderful interview on the John Cedars channel with Amber Scorah that I watched last night.

I just purchased her book ''Leaving the Witness'' this morning from amazon. It will be enroute to me soon.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I just bought the audible. It's an interesting story.

• blondie
    blondie

I can see someone coached her not to discuss religious doctrine, but rather the treatment she received by the WTS and its members and why these are aspects of a cult. A cult is a cult no matter what the group is.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

And the good news keep on coming!!

Love it, love it, love it, love it!!!!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

This is fantastic if you are interested in the writing process, or literature generally.

Amber works in publishing and โ€œGermโ€ ( mentally Diseased) is a bookseller ( as was I years ago - modern first editions since you ask!)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

May Amber be to Watchtower what Leah Remini is to Scientology.

(Okay, a bit lofty goal- but you never know)

I ordered the book. Will read it during my trip to Tahoe Apostafest.

Her webpage says "Immersion in a foreign language and culture--and a whole new way of thinking--turned her world upside down, and eventually led her to lose all that she had been sure was true." I relate because moving to a foreign language congregation was like that for me.

• newsheep
    newsheep
    We got into our truck and turned on BBC and they were interviewing Amber there as well. So happy when I hear people fighting back in the media. FU Watchtower!!!!
  • iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Her book is amazing!
    I thought I would experience trigger after trigger, but the way she tells her story is fantastic.

Learning about the JW life in China is basically what I imagined, but of course never get any info on what goes on there.

I am not really into reading the stories of ExJWs - since I lived it (like most of us), but I recommend this one.

Has anyone else read it?

• VIII
    VIII

I watched the video replay with Trevor Noah. He asked her some very good questions and she was very comfortable in front of the camera. Overall it was an awesome way to get words " Jehovahs Witnesses" and "Cult" out into the public conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit