What is the most strange action of a witness while out in field service?

by adjusted knowledge 62 Replies latest jw friends

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I was paired with this older "brother" when I was a teenager. He was very very strange. He was a nice guy but goofy.

We went to the door and before he knocked he wanted to role play our conversation. The homeowner happened to be at the door and was looking through the glass. This weirdo ignore the home owner and continued to "role play" an imaginary scenario. I had to be the witness while this goof ball played the house holder while we are at an actual house.

Finally the lady opened the door while we were in the middle of our "role play" and asked us to leave.

Anyone else have some similar stories?

• WasOnceBlind
    WasOnceBlind
    Once I was assigned to service with this pioneer. It was one of the worst days ever, I think he wanted to impress me by how much service hours he put in or something. Any ways after about 4 hours of actual field service he tells me has a study to conduct. So we head over, after about an hour into the study, I thought it was over, but to my surprise this "brother" actually asked the guy if he wanted to keep going. The guy said yeah, so the "brother" actually told him to ask his wife to make us some sandwiches. I was kind of in shock, the guy was a little taken back but he obliged and told his wife to make us sandwiches. Definitely weird.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

^^^^^^^^^^^ We're here to teach you fundamental bible truths as interpreted by our sole channel of communication with Jehovah God, thru the Faithful & Discreet Slave. Now fetch me some sandwiches, b*tch!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    an elder pretending to ring the door bells
  • sir82
    sir82

Once was out in service with an older guy whose lack of brightness was only exceeded (underceeded?) by his lack of social skills.

The magazine article he was featuring was something to do with the epidemic of drug abuse.

So he goes shuffling up the sidewalk to the householder, who was already outside his house.

Brother Awkward begins his presentation, no greeting, with "So what are we going to do about this crack?"

Householder, with a puzzled look, begins examining his sidewalk to see where the cracks are.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2
    Being 15 years old vacation pioneering with 3 girl friends. The older male pioneer left us girls at a park no where near a phone (before Cell phones) and we were miles from home and had to walk at least a mile to call our moms. Not Cool and was dangerous even in the 60s known druggie Park.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Twenty years ago, I was out in FS with a very elderly brother (90). He was in excellent health for his age - mentally (he was a Min. Servant) and physically (also an Aux. Pioneer!).

He was quite a 'direct' character - he could be very direct with householders.

Anyhow, we were walking along the street, between doors, when he suddenly hacked up some phlegm and spat it right in front of us, in the middle of the pavement. He didn't even bother to direct it onto the grass verge. Gesundheit!

• Stealth
    Stealth

Wife met a woman at the door who agreed to a bible study, but could not at her home at that moment.

They agreed to meet at the Kingdom Hall just a few blocks away from the woman's home in 30 minutes.

The woman showed up at the K.H. 30 minutes later as agreed, they sit down on a bench outside and begin talking.... it was late morning and many other car groups were returning to the K.H.

About 60 seconds into their discussion the woman goes into a full blown holy spirit infused rant... yelling at the top of her voice... on how the JW were all wrong all the while waving her bible in the air.

It was funny as hell to see the elders rush the returning publishers into the hall away from this demon possessed woman while at the same time try to get her to leave the property.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

back in the 60's--my pioneer partner carried a snooker chalk cube ( blue )--and chalked an X on each doorway so he could tell he'd been there next time round.

( we spent many an afternoon playing snooker on rainy days --between back calls --of course---lol )

please not snooker is a british game--vaguely similar to pool--only a lot better.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Working the territory around JPL, Pasadena Ca, many of the employees live in the area.

I was new and working with an elder. We approached a really nice home with the picket

fence , beautiful manicure yard and the owner working in the yard.

We open the gate and approached the man. The guy worked on the space program, so

the elder figured this will be a great opportunity to show his knowledge of the universe.

It was so funny, as the elder was talking the householder gently put his hand on the elder

shoulder and responding to the elder's message, "yes you are right, I understand" but

at the same time he was walking us out of his yard. Before we knew it, he had closed his gate

with us on the outside and wished us a happy day. It was so smooth the way he did it. LOL

I'm sure that elder thought, "what the hell was that".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit