Verses that bothered you as a JW

by JH 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

We find God's name "Jehovah" so many times in the old testament, but not at all in the new testament.

Jesus is called a "mighty God" in the bible. Jesus is also called "father". In revelation, isn't Jesus called alpha and omega?

What verse(s) seemed to contradict the JW teachings the most?

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

"This tribulation that has never occured before NO nor will ever occur again"

That's an scripture has ann umm uhhhh 2 part fulfillment doh

or the whole 'lots daughters incedent' WTF!!!!!

or the Benjemenites and the chopping the chick up eewwwww.

song of soloman 'the whole book was hard to explain how it got in the bible' hehehehee

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

John 20:28. If Jesus could be Thomas' 'Lord and God', why wasn't he mine? Did I worship a different God than the apostles did?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I found a lot of Genesis to be pretty weird.

How about where Noah gets drunk and takes his clothes off, then by accident Ham sees him naked, and he goes & tells Shem & Japheth about it. So Shem & Japheth cover Noah's nakedness, but when Noah learns that Ham saw him naked, he curses his son.

WTF????

• LB
    LB

Yep Lot's daughters doing daddy, not a favorite topic of mine. Made me question lots of things the bible has to say.

• basics-for-me
    basics-for-me

The one that's known about "the golden rule"

No-one ever applied it.

I don't even think anybody in my old congregation even knew the understanding of it!

• hooberus
    hooberus

I have never been a JW, but here is an observation: while the situation with Lots daughters is recorded in the Bible (as similar situations are recorded in news papers today, never is it said to be Gods will.

• starScream
    starScream

Rev 20:11

according to WTS all the non JWs will come back here at the 2nd resurrection. WTS says they will come back to Earth and get the chance to prove themselves as loyal JWs.

Only problem is Earth has fled away and they are only standing in front of the Throne being Judged according to their works that were recorded in the scrolls. This is not a 2nd chance, this is the Judgement for the lives of sin that ALL have led.

Rev 14:11 those in the lake of fire have no rest from their torment day or night forever

Jesus calls himself good shepherd then some guy calls him good and he responds by saying no one is Good but God alone.

Jehovah is our only savior, sry its somewhere in Isa., yet Jesus is our only savior.

Col. 1:16-17 is a problem since if Jesus was created how is it that HE created ALL things. Did he create himself? How can they understand that and not the Trinity?

How is it that the Jehovah shares his glory with no one and then at the same time shares his Glory with the son?

Isa: 44:24 how is it that Jehovah created everything by himself and no one was with him if Jesus created everything by himself? pretty easy to understand if you accept the fact that Thomas was talking to Jesus at Jn 20:28.

apparently Jn 8:58 is such a problem for JWs that had to alter Ex 3:14

Isa 44:6, Rev 1:17 how can Jesus be the First and the Last if he is not Jehovah?

Rev 22:13 apparently the Alpha and the Omega is the First and the Last.

Rev 1:8 wow apparently the Alpha and the Omega is the Almighty which makes sense if you have been given ALL the power of Heaven and Earth and already created everything anyway.

man it just goes on and on.

Whats so annoying is actually caring about JWs. I mean you think this stuff would eventually sink in but they are just so ******* ******.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Jehovahs-Witness.com Discussion forum. //......."EVERYONE WELCOME" ........lol

• Mulan
    Mulan

Solomon saying to cut the baby in half and give half to each mother, who claimed him. How smart is that? That was the dumbest thing I ever heard. I never could make sense of it.

Also Abraham agreeing to kill Isaac. When I became a mother, I knew I would never pass that test, and I always questioned it............privately, until we left the dubs. Now I bore everyone with it.

I should get Princess to tell about her kids and their reactions to Bible stories. It's good!!! Out of the mouths of babes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit