Advice You'd Give Your 12-Year-Old Self?

by SYN 40 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

I'd say don't worry Al, you won't go blind.

• Xena
    Xena

1. You are going to get breasts....USE THEM! They have uncanny powers [}:)]

2. You don't need a man to make you happy. But they can be fun to have around!

3. Don't let anyone talk you out of getting more education.

4. Take better care of your parents, you want them to be around awhile.

5. Don't let your mom answer the door when the people peddling religion call.

6. Live, laugh and love to your heart's content, because this is all you have...ENJOY IT!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

After reading Xena`s post I`d have to say:"Find a lady with magic boobs"....LOL!...OUTLAW

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LMAO at LB! ((()))

I think if I could go back in time, I'd just be my friend. I didn't have a lot of those back then. I'd spend time with her doing stuff she loved to do like art, listening to music, singing, and reading. I'd sit on her bed and listen to her stories about boys she had crushes on and giggle about them with her. I'd listen to her when her heart was broken and hug away her hurts. I'd protect her from her father and his nasty temper and ever ready leather belt with the brass buckle. I'd help her babysit her brothers and take them out together to the park or riding bikes. I would just love her unconditionally...something she never really experienced.

Sometimes I look back at my childhood and my parents and am just overwhelmed with disgust. I can't believe that they had the audacity to treat us kids the way they did. And as terribly unChristian as this sounds, I really hope that they are punished for it. Even if it's just God giving them the pain they gave to me. Just for one moment I would like them to experience the abandonment, loneliness, and heartache I felt as a kid because of their behavior. Isn't that awful??? But I can't help it. Some people in this world are just not meant to be parents.

*sigh*

Andi

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Tell every son of a b**ch that frightened my 12 year old self to take a hike. Respect myself more. And tell every creep that asked for sex to get bent.

FreeFallin (Of the fully developed at 12 class)

• Francois
    Francois

1. DO NOT GET BAPTISED. But make them think you're going to.

2. Be a serious student and all else will follow. Make it a Ph.D or don't bother.

3. Remember that exotic new sister that showed up while you were away in college? DO NOT, DO NOT, give her a ride on your magic pony.

4. Your father is a dysfuctional SOB. Ignore him. He's never been right. He's not right now, and your mother is a denying, enabling waste. Get out asap.

5. Be a serious student. (Repeat for emphasis)

francois

• Soledad
    Soledad

Francois list is very similar to mine...........

Don't get baptized

Listen to your gut feeling, at all times

don't ever let anyone ever make you feel like you're lesser than they are, you are very much somebody

study hard, apply yourself in school, go on and play sports and join student council and write for the school paper.

see #4

see #4 again

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

hmmm...

1. Do your damn homework and organize yourself!!!! You will deeply regret not doing well in school. There is nothing wrong or nerdy about getting good grades!!!!
    2. You won't go blind, but still, it would be better to not make a habit of that!!!!
    3. Don't smoke pot!!!! Just say NO!!!
    4. Alchohol can make a woman look much more attractive than she really is!!!
    5. Don't stare at breasts all the time lest you get caught up in their hypnotic power!!!!
    6. Yes, your parents are crazy, it's not just you!!!!
    7. Oh, and of course, when you meet a girl in college who starts "witnessing" to you, do some research before diving in head first!!!!
    8. Don't look for a big huge answer to everything. Life is complicated and difficult - learn to live with that.
  • pr_capone
    pr_capone

Keep ALL your baseball cards - I did

Kick my own ass for getting baptized the year before

Dont be so shy, you turned out to be a pretty good guy

Get laid as soon as possible

• caligirl
    caligirl

Oh that's pretty easy:

1) Do not get baptised!

2) Trust the funny feeling that what you are being taught is crap and get the hell out!

3) Do not get married 2 weeks after graduation. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid! OF course what else was there to do, in my young mind. Didn't want to pioneer and didn't want to live at home, couldn't go to college! Oh, here's a hairbrained idea! Marry an a** and waste 9 years of life (12 if you count the "dating years"! )

Of course, I must add that without all those experiences, I would not be who I am today or have the life that I do today with a wonderful husband and family, so it wasn't all bad. I have to say that I would do all those stupid things all over again to be where I am today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit