Counsel from Bro Losch (GB Member) to the Elders about the NFL

by James Jack 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said ivanatahan!

You know, when leaders of a group start to micro-manage individual's choices on things like sport and recreation, this should be a huge red flashing warning light that screams "CULT"!

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Well, let's be happy that he has not seen gladiators in an ice-hockey rink and what they try to do to their opponents.

CP

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I think the WT not coming out and saying the Football is not christian is a giant hypocrisy.

We hear all the time about how Jah hates violence, and that kids playing violent video games is unchristian.
    Or how watching Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings is demonic.

Really?

Video games and books and movies like Harry Potter are FAKE. NOT REAL.

The latest long term study show that there is NO correlation to violent video games and increased aggression or violence.

But Football is REAL and very violent. It is a 60 minute game in which about 10 minutes are dedicated to actual play, in in that short time how may injuries do you see? Football players have a significantly shorter life span, they acquire neuralgic diseases significantly earlier than the population.

Football is violent - promotes violence and aggressiveness (go to a game - watch one with friends - play it with "brothers")

I agree with Malcolm Gladwell and the overwhelming statistics.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2009/10/19/offensive-play

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2014-11-13/malcolm-gladwell-football-is-a-moral-abomination

Watch fooball or dont watch fooball - but dont be the Moral Police and not call it out while calling out Disney, or Harry Potter and the like.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    An Elder sitting next to me from Alabama said: "that driver is in the wrong and needs to be counseled! I am going to write a letter to the Branch about this driver and his lack of respect toward members of the Governing Body"!

What a crybaby suck up. He deserves taking behind the bike sheds and roughing up...a lot!

Why not leave it to Jehovah(tm), anyway? Isn't that the usual stance?

I'm sure Jehovah(tm) is a Manchester United fan. In fact there's money on footy!

Perhaps the GB are violently jealous that they don't get that kind of cash coming in.

In any case, what struck me here was how some paedophile protecting old sod is trying to impose his will onto others. Truly an abusing pig!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If an average elder got up and gave a public talk with those comments as used by the GB members (or Tony Morris 3 classic comments), he would be "counselled" and probably restricted from giving a talk again.

But it seems the GB are allowed to spew personal opinions at any time and get away with it!

• James Jack
    James Jack
    Will Losch go around this Sunday and "check" on everyone to tried to see I anyone is watching Football?
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    Way back did not Knorr have a season ticket for Yankee Stadium?
  • James Jack
    James Jack
    I know our CO Bro Moske' went to a Monday Night game to see his Beloved New York Jets take on the Miami Dolphins. I guess he did not care what Losch thought.
  • James Jack
    James Jack

sir82

But there would be a wide-scale mutiny if they ever imposed a ban on:

-- Coffee

-- Alcohol

-- Sports, particularly (In the USA) American football

I think the GB knows this, and they don't touch those topics with a 10 foot pole.

Right On Brother! Agreed

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think this is just another cult technique, not a sincere belief that football is bad. This is a classic dub tactic--take something that's popular and fun, and make it wrong. This creates divisions within the org--the weak and the obedient. The weak are pressured to become one of the obedient ones, and the obedient ones receive in-group social rewards.

To those who haven't been familiar with the org over the decades, this seems unique. Those of us who've seen it for decades know otherwise. In the 70s it was the YMCA and disco. In the 80s it was skinny ties, Pac Man, dancing in any form, and pretty much all popular music. In the 90s it was baggy pants and pencil skirts.

http://factnet.org/node/357

TACTIC 2

Establish control over the person's social environment, time and sources of social support by a system of often-excessive rewards and punishments. Social isolation is promoted. Contact with family and friends is abridged, as is contact with persons who do not share group-approved attitudes. Economic and other dependence on the group is fostered.

..TACTIC 4

Make the person re-evaluate the most central aspects of his or her experience of self and prior conduct in negative ways. Efforts are designed to destabilize and undermine the subject's basic consciousness, reality awareness, world view, emotional control and defense mechanisms. The subject is guided to reinterpret his or her life's history and adopt a new version of causality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit