Counsel from Bro Losch (GB Member) to the Elders about the NFL

by James Jack 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

While attending a week long training class for Elders in Patterson, Bro Losch gave the concluding talk about loyalty to the Borg, which I was in awe of(I went more in detail in a recent post about a S.A.D. where Losch was the speaker). At the end of his Talk, here's what he said:

"I have some Counsel for You Brothers about Sports, in particular a certain game where they mimic ancient gladiators, by putting on plastic armor and pads, then brutally attacking their opponents, trying to injure them by going after an egg shaped ball." (Football)

I then came out of my "hypnotic state", and said to myself; WTF did he just say?

After he was done, we were dismissed. Many Elders were talking about the evils of Football. I kept my mouth shut for a little while(I really love Football). However, on the shuttle ride back to the Airport (this was a Van driven by a male Bethelite), there were 12 other Elders in this Van and I had to ask the driver... "How do the Bethelites feel about Pro Football?" He said: "Did you guys get that speech about Football from Bro. Losch? I said yes. He then said: "Other members on the Governing Body do not share his view!" In fact, we here call him "NFL", No Football Losch". Some of us laughed, while others did not think that statement was funny. Then the driver looked at me in the mirror and said: By the way, I'm a Jets fan!"

An Elder sitting next to me from Alabama said: "that driver is in the wrong and needs to be counseled! I am going to write a letter to the Branch about this driver and his lack of respect toward members of the Governing Body"!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Typical JW nuttiness. I know,it's hard to believe when you actually hear it with your own ears. You just can't make this crap up. It just goes to show you, not everyone is buying their BS. That's a good thing!
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    Who's killed more the NFL or WTBS over banning blood and transplants? I rest your honor.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sour Grapes - "An Elder sitting next to me from Alabama said: 'that driver is in the wrong and needs to be counseled! I am going to write a letter to the Branch about this driver and his lack of respect toward members of the Governing Body'!"

Well gosh, that'll sure show him.

"How dare he express anything other than devotion and reverence for our beloved leader(s)!"

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Lösch has made comments like this before. He clearly doesn't approve of football.

No Apologies

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Is he still harping on about "football"? There have been reports that this is his pet peeve for years, probably decades. I wonder if he approves of real football (soccer).
  • fulano
    fulano

He was driven with his wife from the airport to Brooklyn, the Bethelite asked him :"Where have you guys been last week?", Losch answered:" My wife is not a guy!"

Funny 😀😀 and I understand him, this american approach is to much for many europeans.

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Geoffrey Jackson (current gov bod member) used football (albeit soccer) to illustrate not standing still while the end is so close (aka "get off yer rear ends and work for free some more, ya good for nothing slaves... err, I mean "publishers" hehehe") :

https://vid.me/8TUy

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Is it just me or is this one of the dumbest religions ever? What the hell were we thinking?
  • prologos
    prologos
    GB members believe that they are g.o.d.'s instrument to socially engineer the human race, away from The tooth and claw inducing sin, and that is why you never see enough level ground in their paradise illustrations to set up any competitive team sport. In his home country sport is all the way down, sking, bobsledding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit