My ExElder Best Friend Has Coronavirus

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Update; it’s been 2 weeks today. My friend is still in a coma. 3 days ago it looked very very bad. Right now he is in a coma still but his breathing from the ventilator is better than 3 days ago. It is so sad to see my friend like this. His poor wife who also has the virus had an arranged “ visit “ with him at 4 pm yesterday. She was able to talk to him by FaceTime thru the nurse. She can’t actually see him or comfort him as she is still very ill.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Horrible Min ... horrible.

At least if he is breathing better there is more hope.

Still very hard to hear this.

Rub a Dub

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Min I wish them all the very, very best. I don’t know them but they are in my thoughts. The most difficult thing to bear is this separation. It’s devastating.

I wonder why it seems to affect men the worst? Unless he contracted it first and was inflicted with a greater viral load.

iI think the term to use to help his breathing is “prone” its more facing downward on the tummy. Just an educated guess, though.

• minimus
    minimus

Dio u r correct , his breathing is better because of meds and being on his stomach for a number of hours. It’s a horrible malady.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Minimus, I'm sorry about your friend. I hope he continues to recover. - jp

• LV101
    LV101

Min - that was my next question - are they using the clinical-tested drugs? I know they've not been used long by all doctors but, hopefully, your state wasn't a liberal-political issue like a few others.

I hope his breathing continues to improve.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My friend is still in a coma.

Min, it's likely an induced coma as that is standard procedure when a person is intubated. So that isn't an indication that his condition is worse.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Its now been 2 weeks since you got this news min ,it must be a terribly stressful time for his wife and a deep concern for you also .I only hope as everybody else does here that they do recover soon.

{ Not the JW definition of soon }

My thoughts are with you people.

• minimus
    minimus

Just got some information: his oxygen levels are better but he has toxins in kidneys so they are putting him on dialysis to help his function.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and comments

• newsheep
    newsheep

Really sorry Minimus. I hope they get better soon. My handicapped sister is in a home and today I received the phone call that she woke up yesterday with a splitting headache, coughing, sneezing and a fever. Her caregiver said that she had not been out of the home for just over a month so the staff and all the other kids in her home are being tested. I say kids but she is in her sixties and suffers from bronchitis as it is along with her cerebral palsy and rare eye disease. I just can't believe they want to reopen shops when the elderly and handicap have no voice. Sure it's easy to say stay at home but what if the elderly are at home or in a home and still have to rely on someone virus free to come and look after you? Such a messed up world!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit