My ExElder Best Friend Has Coronavirus

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

This has been a horrible month. My best friend’s wife just called to tell me that my friend had to be hospitalized due to severe coronavirus complications. He has severe pneumonia, is put on a ventilator and is in a coma . IF he gets better they expect it to be many weeks that he will be in this condition.

Meanwhile, his wife also was diagnosed with coronavirus and cannot leave her home.

What a terrible situation! And the kicker is they have been isolating themselves in their home for the past month except for occasional food shopping.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow. I am so sorry min.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

So sorry your friends are affected, Min. He is an exElder. Is he still a believer or is he MO? (just curious) In any case, I hope he recovers and his wife has a mild case. Where are they located?

Stay safe!

• Listener
    Listener

Sorry to hear this Minimus.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

So sorry.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Do you think it's his age that's the reason he's having a hard time? What is he - 60ish? I'm curious like 3rdgen; are they PIMI?

• caves
    caves

That is heart breaking news Minimus. And extra awful that they have been isolating and still got it. I'm so sorry. Words escape me

• compound complex
    compound complex

Best wishes, Min, for your friends and to you, also.

So sorry . . .

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So sorry to hear this minimus I just hope they both recover.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I am sorry about your friends and I hope they recover.

Interesting what you say about how they have isolated themselves over the last month except for occasional grocery shopping. I have done the same thing but for maybe the last month I have worn a mask. Before that I did not because there was conflicting information as to whether you needed one. Maybe these people got exposed a month ago OR they weren’t as isolated as they say and maybe saw a relative or two. It’s hard to say how somebody got infected!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit