The Left And Islam

by Bangalore 73 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Great cartoon, very succinct.

I find the Left's infatuation with Islam quite puzzling.

I think perhaps the hard Left admires the global aspect of Islam - i.e. the Ummah. Islam also hates democracy, and I think certain sections of the Left do, too.

There are some people of the Left that speak out and criticize Islam but they are few and far between. Nick Cohen springs to mind.

What I find odd is that the Left admires Islam whilst championing gay rights at the same time, seemingly oblivious to the fact that out of all religions, Islam metes out the worst punishment to gay people. I don't think the Left are big on joined up thinking ...

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I don't get it either, a true Muslim's conservative ideas make american right wingers look like Ralph Nader's
  • coalize
    coalize

This dissonance cognitive of the far left about Islam, is the main reason why I leave them (the far-left)

In fact, the far-left is dead in France, especially because of that : in France, the far-left have historically a very strong anti-religious and anti-clerical background. Since few years appears very unnatural links between far-left and Islam. But in the same time, far-left who was at 10% at the elections 10 years ago, are now only at 2-3% , and only when the sun shine brightly for them!

Then, yes, it's clear : it's a clear dissonance cognitive here : the message, now is in short, for almost all the subject : "we condemn A, except if it's from a muslim".

But hopefully, this message doesn't work so much on french citizens..

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Here are two more things I don't get:

1. Where should conservative Islam be placed on the left-right spectrum? Is wanting gays to be killed an example of far right or far left thinking?

2. Why don't the British Left show solidarity with the liberal-Left in Muslim countries? Why do British left-wingers, such as Owen Jones, show solidarity with Palestinian nationalists (conservative Muslims and therefore possibly of the Right) but not with Palestinian liberals, progressives, homosexuals, etc?

• coalize
    coalize

1. Because in their doxa, muslim people are automatically oppressed people because of their religion. Then you have to be at their side (Even if they think the total contrary of what you fight for)

2. See the 1. And add the traditionnal far-left antisemitism to that...

• barry
    barry

We are told a lot of lies about Islam and I would like to know why.

1 Islam is a religion of peace. Bush said that and some in Australia have said that. History just doesn't make sense if we believe Islam is peaceful. I believe we have to be more sympathetic to the Jewish people in the middle east because I fully believe their present situation will be ours very soon with mass immigration

2 Daesh, the 9/11 twin tower tragedy or any other jihad attack is not 'islam. In Islam there is no light or moderate Islam. This is a very unfortunate truth and moderate to a muslim is a disbeliever that doesn't pray or go to the mosque.Islam is Islam people don't get radicalised because they are already radical. The so called moderate muslim in England who just needed a hug has now been charged with threatening a British MP that he would bomb her house. Ajem Choudrey has told us many times there is no moderate muslim.

• coalize
    coalize

1. A religion can't never be "of peace". That's a lie! By definition a religion (except if it's unique, what's not the case), link peoples. Then, like all link, it separates. By essence, a religion is something whe separate, divide people. Then, by essence it can't be "of peace".

2. There is no official authority in Islam. Ajem Choudrey say something, but he have no official authority. It's bullshit... Nobody in france know him, by example...

• barry
    barry

coalize, So would you feel happy living in an Islamic no go zone in France or England where the police can't enter. In Australia we have an Islamic population of less than 2% and channel nine reporters are required to wear bullet proof vests in western Sydney. Islam has a problem like no other religion.

I repeat there is no moderate Islam but there are moderate Muslims which are those that don't take the teachings seriously.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

barry:

I repeat there is no moderate Islam but there are moderate Muslims which are those that don't take the teachings seriously.

Likewise there is no moderate Christianity only moderate Christians. Ditto for Judaism. Moderate and Liberal members of the other two Abrahamic religions don't take their religions seriously either.

• kaik
    kaik
    The European left has goal to erode nation-state institutions. They see in Islamic immigrants potential voters, which would guarantee them with preservation of power. Additionally, the Left is trapped in 1968 intellectual movement, but the world have moved away from it long time ago. More power to the Left only will signify deep economic, cultural, and political decline of European states. Last time Europe had really any chance was in the 1990's benefiting from the end of the Cold War, but Islamization of Europe put the end of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit