The Show of Over-Patriotism Astounds Me

by D8TA 113 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

You know what's funny?

How these argument go.

Someone starts by posting a warning. You immediately attack him without even considering his argument.

He rebuts the attack with articles and documents. You insult the source of the documents without considering their content.

He provides MORE articles and documents are arguments to support his position. You call the person names - unpatriotic, whatever. They are thinking too much. Thinking is dangerous, or something.

They argue that thinking and at least QUESTIONING authority is essential to freedom. You start with the FART jokes.

I mean, c'mon, makes you wonder why people who are actually concerned about freedoms even try. Not even 1939 Germany had as much faith in Hitler's propaganda as you do the US gov't's.

• dubla
    dubla

You start with the FART jokes.

isnt it funny how fart jokes never get old? its like the guy getting hit in the nuts gag.....the movie makers, television producers, etc, keep using them, and we cant help but laugh.

aa

Edited by - dubla on 11 February 2003 15:5:3

• D8TA
    D8TA

For the "right" extremists:

Do you not know, the inherint dangers of this Patriot Act? That say, a Democrat gets in to office in the next election? Wow...now they have some nice power don't they? Inherited by what Bush enacted? Are you thinking now? Are you thinking about the reprecussions in the future in another party's hands? Think Bush and the GOP will be in office forever?

For the "left extremists:

Do you not know, the inherint dangers of this Patriot Act? That say, a new Republican with a different agenda, gets in to office in the next election? Wow...now they have some nice power don't they? Inherited by what Bush enacted? Are you thinking now? Are you thinking about the reprecussions in the future in another party's hands? Think Gephart and the DNP will be in office forever?

For EVERYBODY:

Break the bonds of extremism. THINK for yourselves. Let YOUR voice be heard. Remove the ring in your nose, that is being tugged by those who hold the chain. Taste life, Eat life, Digest life. Look to the past, concern for the future. Stop to see where you are now, and where your children...or their children may be tomorrow.

Don't hop from the WTBTS trap in to another form of thought control. EXPLOIT the freedom in which you have found. Don't ever compromise on freedom and/or rights. Don't be a slave.

These words that I have typed in this post, are not to initiate any form of anarchy...it's to prevent it.

There are "evils", there are people in this world that do pose a threat to humanity, watch your footsteps...watch those who are in public service footsteps...that you may not become one of them.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Thankyou Dfl8ter for making my point. We do need products that do what they are designed to do without permanently harming the users. However, until those products are developed, we should not get rid of the old ones. While Hyrdogen cars need to be developed, it would be insane to get rid of all cars until we do. And I still have credibillity issues on the CS article since the author obviously supported the WTO protesters....hardly a neutral judge.

and no, I was never part of the WT.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Now D8TA, an HONEST review of your thread.

You start on page one stating while we are sleeping, watching TV or diddling the wife, our freedoms are being taken away left and right. When challenged as to what freedoms you or anyone you know have lost, all hell breaks lose and it becomes, "this maybe could happen," "it is just a warning."

Like it or not, we are at war right now, maybe not the conventional war you have seen glorified on TV, but war nonetheless. No, not against Iraq just yet, but it is coming. War demands concessions, like it or not. Ask your grandparents that went through WW2 what they had to sacrifice to acheive the final outcome.

I also have to ask, with the common thought that the Watchtower monitors this board and the claim that emails are intercepted and blocked that aren't flattering to Bush, how is it the FBI has missed this board and it's anti-American, anti-Bush leanings? I have yet to see any notice, official or otherwise, that posts are being blocked.

What ever happened to common sense?

• D8TA
    D8TA
    how is it the FBI has missed this board and it's anti-American, anti-Bush leanings?

Have they? Remember when I said, "give it time, in a few weeks a poster will sharing their story" about this?

I'm setting the board up, so when people start coming here to share their experiences my friend, that we don't scoff it off. It can roll in your direction one day, and when it does....what are you going to do? Who will you talk to when you need information or resources? Maybe just a shoulder or ear to hear you? What if it's indirect, maybe a relative...your children? What then?

Dakota, I have many contacts in my life. This board is but a "fraction" as to people I walk with. I'm getting e-mails from people in America about their University being targeted, Their Civil Projects being investigated, a whole range of stuff that is blowing my mind. I too, was a person who thought "naw, never will happen". It's beginning to happen. This is just a few raindrops before the storm.

I just hope, that when such incidents affect people's lives on this board, that the rest do not give them a hard time. The world is changing, and we will need what support we can get...even if this is just an internet posting forum.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Grunt said:

Once things are ironed out, we will repeal the laws and get back to normal.

'Cos that's what always happens, right?

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

D8TA here is a friend of mines perspective on the WTO protests.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

D8TA, Charlie, Realist and the rest of you left wingers, sometimes it is better to not say anything and let people think you are stupid, than to open your mouths and prove it beyond any shadow of doubt.

With that, I bid you all adieu.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    D8TA, Charlie, Realist and the rest of you left wingers, sometimes it is better to not say anything and let people think you are stupid, than to open your mouths and prove it beyond any shadow of doubt.

With that, I bid you all adieu.

Ah yes, your insults are so brilliant, funny I don't remember insulting you, we were having a debate, seems to me, you should take your own advice. As far as being a "left" winger, unlike you, I think for myself, so thusly, I don't subscribe to any political party, your labeling of me is just stupid, and if you really knew me, or cared to actually debate, you would leave the insults out. How many left wingers do you know that think we should be armed? Just like yeru, can't debate, so you need to baffle them with BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit