The Show of Over-Patriotism Astounds Me

by D8TA 113 Replies latest jw friends

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Back, so far, no "proof" of anything has been supplied, only conjecture about possibly losing some freedom. No one here has lost a single freedom. If the leftists have their way, though, you will lose more than freedom.

I still have to wonder if the people inside the World Trade Centers and those hijacked airplanes would be willing to give up a small degree of freedom today, though. Too bad they died and can't tell us, isn't it?

Whether we voted for Bush, Gore, Clinton, or Bugs Bunny and whether or not he won the popular vote, doesn't matter. We endured 8 years of Clinton and the outcome of those 8 years is now blamed on Bush. Things could have been handled by Clinton before they got to this point, but weren't. If you really think popular vote is what counts, think of the highest populated states deciding all our leaders. Do we all wish to live under California rule? Thats why we have the electoral college, to give the states with less population fair respresentation and more word in the outcome.

Gripe about Bush all you want, he is carrying a higher approval rating that his predecessors did. Maybe he won over a bunch who voted for the other guy.

Europeans don't care for Bush? I don't care. I can't say I'm too pleased with some of their mamby pamby leaders either. But, from personal conversations, Bush is gaining support in Europe after his State of the Union speech.

I still find it odd that you are more worried about the FBI looking at public records in a library than more terrorists hijacking another airliner and flying it into a full building, or releasing sarin gas in a subway, or setting off bombs at public places. Yes, more important that you aren't inconvenienced than to protect millions of lives. Maybe if we taught out youth to strap explosives to their bodies and blow themselves up in a crowded arena, we would win more international support?

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Hey Dakota I really hope you watched the local news tonight, at least on channel 13, guess what the American Bar association is condeming the way parts of the "war on terrorism" are being implemented, IE restricting our freedoms.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I predict much unrest in the U.S., not from fundamental religous or political groups...nope....from John & Jane Q. Public. And thank god for this law and department, because when they start raising their voices...viola...they can be labled "terrorists".

D8TA,

I appreciate your post. Thank you for trying to sound the alarm.

I wish I could believe your predictions. But I can't. The American people are too doped up on TV, sex, fast-food, religion, drugs and cyber-surfing to raise their voices about anything. John and Jane Q. Public would rather stick their heads in the sand and trust their government to "protect" them and ignore what is really happening. Afterall, who wants to look the gorgon in the face?

I can see Nazi Germany happening all over again. But this time, no other nation will come to rescue the innocents.

Love ya,

Robyn--of the reading your stimulating missive turns me on and I don't know why class

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Um,

Nazi Germany happened with the consent of the German public, who actually VOTED for Hitler's openly fascist, anti-semitic platform. Kristallnacht was the work of an entire populace, not just a few misbegotten wannabe's.

You can see that happening again, can you? Let me defend W with the following points that dicuss the so-called "flaws" in his attitudes.

1.) He's a "cowboy." Yeah, he is. He admits as much. And his straight talk and independent attitude scare the hell out of the European elititists who are still trying to get the Euro off the ground. His independent cowboy attitude flies square in the face of most globalist doctrine - and is typically American. What's wrong with that? Only the elite actually WANT a global government! You want to talk about loss of freedom? Try putting that much power in the hands of a few white men and women with track records of oppression, colonialism, and racism! I suspect that much of the anti-Bush rhetoric is coming from the old colonial powers that are seeking a bigger role on the world stage. America and us cowboys aren't perfect, but I'd rather have an independent cowboy for a neighbor than a German prince for a feudal overlord.

2.) He's not smart. Nope. He's not a brilliant man - but he KNOWS this, and he's hired a pile of really smart people, like Condi Reece, Powell, and Cheney. Say what you want about their politics, you have to admit these are some very intelligent people who have survived in the toughest town in the world.

3.) He's seeking imperialism. Nonsense! His very attitude and demeanor speak against this. He speaks Spanish, has sought to improve the lot of Mexican immigrant workers by signing a bill to give them Social Security benefits, and has said and done nothing to impair anyone's freedoms. In fact, he is in the process of creating greater freedom by reducing taxes! He is the most libertarian President since... well, since before I was born. Imperialists do not reduce taxes.

I didn't vote for the man. I think I wrote in Barney. I didn't take things seriously before 9-11, but those two towers crumbling before my eyes woke me the %^#$ up!

I think that when we roll through Iraq, and democracy comes to the Middle East, I will be the one sitting around saying, "I told you so." And I won't be smug. I will be hopeful that we can work together to build a better tomorrow out this current nightmare.

CZAR

• Robdar
    Robdar

Nazi Germany happened with the consent of the German public, who actually VOTED for Hitler's openly fascist, anti-semitic platform.

Czar,

So I take it that Bush and Ashcroft have your consent? You voted for Bush? Will you re-elect him? I mean no disrespect, but it sounds like consent to me.

Love,

Robyn

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Yeah, I'll vote for him next time around. The Dems are in bed with the Chinese and the Greens are a joke. And he's killing America's enemies, which is a point in his favor.

CZAR

• Robdar
    Robdar

The Dems are in bed with the Chinese and the Greens are a joke.

Well, I can't argue with you there, buddy. It looks like I am back to writing in names on the ballot.

Love,

Robyn

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Hey Dakota I really hope you watched the local news tonight, at least on channel 13, guess what the American Bar association is condeming the way parts of the "war on terrorism" are being implemented, IE restricting our freedoms.

Charlie, do you ever think for yourself? The American Bar Association? Attornies? The same ones who jump in to sue McDonalds because some guy got fat? I'd be laughing my head off if I didn't know you were being serious.

Still, please indicate to me what freedom you or any you know have lost due to all this? D8TA said in the beginning that were were losing freedoms left and right and still, not one single person can show me any single freedom they have lost. Only conjecture of what if, maybe, could be. CHarlie, I always considered you more intelligent than that.

• Farkel
    Farkel

This and that:

: No use in trying teach an old dog new tricks. Once they get caught up in their vision, any voice of reason cannot steer them clear an inch in either direction.

Can't teach stupid young pups a thing, either. The young pups think they know it all and they haven't lived long enough to know shit.

trauma hound,

: Hey Dakota I really hope you watched the local news tonight, at least on channel 13, guess what the American Bar association is condeming the way parts of the "war on terrorism" are being implemented, IE restricting our freedoms.

Hey, Trauma Hound! Do you really think the ABA is not interested in helping out their members with that argument about "restricting our freedoms"? Constitutional Issue Lawsuits up the yingyang on this one. Plenty of fodder for ABA lawyers for years! I hate the ABA. I've thought for years that they are pimps on the same level that the AMA are pimps. They only care about their own survival and keeping their lawyers busy. Everything else in their existence is related to that and ONLY that. They are not patriots. They are business people whose sole existence is dependent upon lawyer membership. If all the lawyers are starving, they don't get their DUES and their lose their plush jobs.

czar,

: Nazi Germany happened with the consent of the German public, who actually VOTED for Hitler's openly fascist, anti-semitic platform.

Actually, Von Hindenberg very reluctantly took Hitler on as vice-chancellor as a political move. Then he died. Hitler then had the power to promote himself and his hate and gave the Germans something to believe in: it was someone ELSE'S fault that the Germans were in the mess they were in.

: Kristallnacht was the work of an entire populace, not just a few misbegotten wannabe's.

Yes and no. Kristalnacht was fomented by Joseph Goebbels himself. It was a propaganda stunt, and it (unfortunately) worked. Kristalnacht sorta reminds me of what happens in US Ghettos each time a riot starts, except its the decent and hard working Koreans, Vietnamese and even Arab business folks who are damaged when this happens these days. I don't see much of a difference, except the Germans were a little more theatrical about it. In the Ghettos, they just kill people and take all their money. It's not personal. It's strictly business. In Germany, it was political and designed to give the Germans someone else to hate other than their leaders who put them in harm's way in WWI.

You said:

: I suspect that much of the anti-Bush rhetoric is coming from the old colonial powers that are seeking a bigger role on the world stage

Wow! Now that puts things in a different light, doesn't it?

You said:

: He's not smart. Nope. He's not a brilliant man - but he KNOWS this, and he's hired a pile of really smart people, like Condi Reece, Powell, and Cheney.

I disagree. He doesn't present himself well, but I think he's brilliant. Did you know he had a higher GPA than Al Gore in their respective Ivy League schools. The (sigh: liberal) press is trying to present him as stupid just like they tried to present Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford as stupid. I had the pleasure of listening to and meeting with Gerald Ford in the California Palm Springs city of Rancho Mirage in the 1980's and he was one of the most articulate and brilliant people I've ever heard and ever met. He just didn't "show" well on TV. Neither does Bush, but that doesn't reflect on his intelligence. He is one of the most focused Presidents I've ever seen in my lifetime, and I've seen a whole bunch of them. Starting with Truman. (I don't remember HIM, though.)

Farkel

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

When all the attornies wishing to represent the rights of "enemy combatants" do so pro bono, maybe I'll give their words more merit.

Charlie, if you go to ABA homepage, you can hear the soundbite of the president of the ABA speaking of this. He is addressing it towards American Citizens, arrested in the US, held in the US and tried in the US Courts. However, what your local news failed to disclose is that it is not a unanimous decision of the ABA, there is contentions in the ranks, it seems.

Now, if the ABA gets their way and is allowed to "represent" these people, who do you think will make money off it? And guess who will get to foot the bill, too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit