What if the US loses?

by Robdar 97 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

Australia has allways been with the US and is supporting the US in this campain we have ships aircraft and soldiers over there right now so if America is guilty so are we. Barry

• Prisca
    Prisca

XW:

Would you like to offer your take on America's involvement in the wars in Laos, Korea and Vietnam, just to name a few? Do you feel that America's involvement was completely justified?

LE:

Prisca , that you seem to be attacking America for sticking their noses in other countries affairs
    Sticking your nose in other countries affairs", is very judgmental and it seems you condemn the USA for this.

I'm sorry if my use of that term is not politically-correct enough for you, but that is the way America's involvement in foreign affairs when it isn't wanted comes across.

Who is Bush to tell Hussein what kind of weapons he should have, and how many? What weapons does the USA have - what type, and how many? Do you think your govt will always be completely honest with you about your own defense system?

(edited for spelling)

Edited by - Prisca on 9 February 2003 1:41:4

• JeffT
    JeffT

LyinEyes as far as why i became a dub, you hit the nail on the head. I was assimilated in 1973, height of 1975, world conditions all of that. I had been opposed to the war in Vietnam etc. Being a dub really looked like the right way to go. Maybe that is why so many on this board are against war no matter what. It was the appeal of a peaceful world that got us in in the first place.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Would you like to offer your take on America's involvement in the wars in Laos, Korea and Vietnam, just to name a few? Do you feel that America's involvement was completely justified?

Sure I'd be glad to. First I'd like to hear what your knowledge is on each of these? It's easy to throw out generalities. If you'd like to have a discussion about these- let's- you go first since you brought them up- what is your knowledge specific to the Korean Conflict or the Vietnam War or the fighting in Laos.

Sticking your nose in other countries affairs", is very judgmental and it seems you condemn the USA for this.
    I'm sorry if my use of that term is not politically-correct enough for you, but that is the way America's involvement in foreign affairs when it isn't wanted comes across.

Comes across to whom? You?

I guess my point in all of this Prisca is that you are quite ready to jump on the ass of America, yet you back it up with nothing but your opinion labeled loosely as fact. If you were from another country and you had studied American History and can really get into a discussion about it all that is one thing. But you waltz into these threads to offer nothing more than a negative opinion of our country and it's policies etc. and then walk away. You seem to have lots of advice for us about how we should be handling things but offer nothing with which to base it on.

How would it be if I did the same thing? If I knew little more about your country than what I read in print media or see on television and then voice such a strong opinion that your leaders are wrong and arrogant etc. about anything in your country; wouldn't I be out of line?

XW

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Very interesting Barry, I was wondering what relations are between your country and America.

Prisca, I am not trying to be politically correct........I am trying to say what I want to get across so as not to totally piss someone off.

Prisca , since Barry said that Austrailia is going right alone with America, how do you feel about that ? Do you agree with your government? Seems you are more involved in this war than you thought,,,,,maybe?? So if what Barry says is true,,,,,,, ( I have no reason to doubt this fine gent...Hi Barry ) and YOUR soliders are fighting for this also,,,,,,, seems like "your nose is stuck in another country's business too......

• Prisca
    Prisca
    How would it be if I did the same thing? If I knew little more about your country than what I read in print media or see on television and then voice such a strong opinion that your leaders are wrong and arrogant etc. about anything in your country; wouldn't I be out of line?

I don't believe so. We're all entitled to our opinions. I have the right to voice mine, just as much as you have the right to voice yours. And the Muslim extremists are voicing their opinion, but in a much more violent way than you or I would like.

Prisca , since Barry said that Austrailia is going right alone with America, how do you feel about that ? Do you agree with your government? Seems you are more involved in this war than you thought,,,,,maybe?? So if what Barry says is true,,,,,,, ( I have no reason to doubt this fine gent...Hi Barry ) and YOUR soliders are fighting for this also,,,,,,, seems like "your nose is stuck in another country's business too......

Unfortunately that is the case - John Howard is fully supportive of Bush Jnr, yet he doesn't have the full support of the country in the decision to get involved in America's war. I can assure you that the Australian public at large is not interested in getting involved in a war that has nothing to do with us.

• espresso
    espresso
    This being said though......"The World" community DID NOTHING for the past 12 years to dissuade Iraq from furthering his adgenda

The UNMOVIC website ( http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/index.htm) shows that the rest of the world has been busy doing what they can legally, via the United Nations, since Iraq's first invasion of Kuwait.

Even the last report by the Executive Chairman of UNMOVIC, Dr. Hans Blix, specifically mentions the Swiss government, the New Zealand government, the German Governent and the government of Cyprus, thanking them for their assistance inthe inspection program. The report is here: http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/recent%20items.html

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

I am not worried about us losing to Iraq. I am worried that we might let the Genie out of the bottle, and erupt a volatile region of the world. I think we could easily run into a situation that could cause a war that enters into other countries and on many fronts. It is not going to be the simple little war people want us to think. Many of our service men are going to die, and when the body bags start coming home, support will drop. Yet, if the Genie is out, can we stop it?

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

I don't believe so. We're all entitled to our opinions. I have the right to voice mine, just as much as you have the right to voice yours. And the Muslim extremists are voicing their opinion, but in a much more violent way than you or I would like.

I guess I am not comfortable basing my opinion so loosely on propaganda. When forming my opinions, I need knowledge built from something other than the opinions of others and the media. And I guess I would feel out of line sharing poorly based negative opinion about a country I don't happen to live in.

Any time you are ready to discuss American History with me Prisca, let me know. I'd love to discuss what you know about our country.

XW

• heathen
    heathen

Losing is not an option . If the US intends to rule the world they better at least give me my monies worth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit