Boyfriend force me to study the bible or no marriage

by MuslimWoman 52 Replies latest social relationships

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what Dubstepped said---but add to it--kids ! 2 of mine have totally shunned me for 30+ years now--i was never invited to their weddings----never met their children. can you imagine that!

THAT is the reality of the watchtower cult.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Muslim Women welcome. I am amazed how unified everyone has been on this forum with their advice.

I know you had a past history with this person and he was very helpful to you at one time and you have invested your love and affection in the relationship.....however he didn't put you first and he wasn't faithful to his religion. You can do better.

It sounds like your are in France and from what I remember there is a large Muslim community in France. And I am sure many educated prospects where you can share a culture and religious background.....if that is important to you.

Please continue to pop in and let us know how you are doing also bring your ideas to our discussions......... all kinds of topics play out on this forum.

My best wishes for your happiness.

• MuslimWoman
    MuslimWoman

Yes it is :(

How to make them realize?

How people that succeeded in helping their family and friends leaving this cult did?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Like I said earlier, you can't make them realize. Only if they have doubts and are ready can they see anything. Steve Hassan (look up his books) says that things like watching a documentary on another cult (like Leah Remini's show on Scientology) can sometimes help people see the similarities between other cults and their own and shake them a bit. Still, many in here have family that watch it and don't see similarities.

If a person is blind they cannot see and you cannot make them see. He doesn't get to force you to be a JW and you don't get to force him not to be a JW. It's up to him, not you.

• just fine
    just fine

Run - he doesn’t respect your right to believe what you want to. You are being given information from his actions to make a decision, use it.

• James87
    James87

You dodged a bullet and consider that a blessing

• AnonVet
    AnonVet

I think it's very wise to study the bible. Here is a starting point:

https://infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/contradictions.html

Then maybe study the Quran as well. Such as here:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/debates/NaikCampbellp11.htm

• JRK
    JRK

Flip is right. There is nothing worse than a POMI (physically out, mentally in).

They have been disfellowshipped themselves, but they have the gall to make you live up to their standards, which they themselves apparently aren't. Run like hell for the Hills, or from the Hills!

JK

• Chook
    Chook

Tell him by studying bible you will be an apostate in your family’s eyes. Ask can he relate to that . Jws are the taliban of Christianity run lady run.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

You are done with him. That is not stupid. Be proud and find a worthy partner for your intellect and aspirations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit