Is There Life After Death

by Brokeback Watchtower 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    It’s the fear of death and nothingness after it, which makes them believe in an afterlife. IMO.

It does remove some existential angst and for this reason some choose to believe in an after life. I do believe in an afterlife but I'm not 100% certain, more like 85-90% from what I have read, heard, and seen. Does it give meaning to my life? I would say yes to a degree, and it lessens my feeling of nihilism.

Hey we all may be part of a computer simulation that for what ever reason makes infinite amounts universes with infinite amounts of life, and in another state our consciousness exist after we die until it desires to reincarnate for what ever reason into our realm of consciousness.

I admit I kind of like the idea and find it interesting that so much research has been done.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

YES!

AFTER you die, other people WILL STILL BE ALIVE!

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • waton
    waton
    AFTER you die, other people WILL STILL BE ALIVE!

and it will be the same organic life that started ~4 bllion years ago. so, if you want to continue to have, or be a slice of that growing pie, make sure your genes are woven back into the cloth.(mix metaphors) If you are for creation, participate in procreation. pass on life with a passion.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Good one eyes

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

As was said when you die you become part of the Earth and sense the Earth is a living organism you continue to nourish the Earth and become part of the living Earth. Since in one way you continue to live. Maybe the question should be is there a seperate part of you a spirit if you will that is conscious after you die. Still Totally ADD

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective
    Our consciousness doesn't survive anaesthetic so how can it survive the complete destruction the brain?

Do you mean to say we 'die' each time we are unconscious? I genuinely don't understand what you meant.

• cofty
    cofty
    Do you mean to say we 'die' each time we are unconscious? - alechol..

Obviously not.

Anaesthetic disrupts activity of the brain by producing changes in the brainstem and cerebral cortex. As a result we lose consciousness and have absolutely no memory - occasional mistakes by anaesthesiologists notwithstanding - of the time we were 'under'.

If reversible and temporary chemical changes to the brain destroys all consciousness how can consciousness possibly survive the complete destruction of our brains?

We are our brains.

• humbled
    humbled

We are our brains.

Say it ain’t so.

• cofty
    cofty
    Say it ain’t so

Disease or injury to specific areas of the brain can specifically impair every sort of function, comprehension, feeling and emotion known to humans. Stimulation of precise loci can simulate love, religiosity, empathy and 'out-of-body' sensations.

It's all chemistry. There is no 'ghost in the machine'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit