Is There Life After Death

by Brokeback Watchtower 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think this is a well developed discussion, of Ian Stevenson's work in investigating people's past lives claims. It's a little long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AtTM9hgCDw

• waton
    waton

Sign on Florida business:

Is there life after death?

try to rob this place and find out.

• Whynot
    Whynot

I haven't watched the whole video. I'm planning on watching it later.

I must confess, I love Ian Stevenson's work and Jim Tucker's. I read their books and some of it did creep me out but I'm just not used to the idea of life after death. It is very fascinating though.

I do believe in life after death even though I don't have any tangible proof personally. It's something that must be approached with an open mind imo and I think the University is trying to work out a theory to better explained it and doing quite well. Dr. Edward Kelly's parasychology studies with EEG scans is something I just started reading about. It's very thought provoking. I know some people think it's hogwash but I do believe they have lots of observational case studies that can prove life after death.

Brian Weiss is another Psychiatrist whose work I really enjoy reading about.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I came back to life after over 60+ years in a 'death like condition'---- a.k.a. being a jw!

just saying!

• blownaway
    blownaway

How come it is no one has a past life of a shit kicker? Its always I was king or a knight, or queen but never I scrapped the shit off the kings shitter. I can not say there is no after life. Just as its not possible to prove there is no god. But I have not seen anything to support that there is. All the so called psychics have been proven cold and or hot readers. If they could prove it they would have stripped James Randi of his Million dollars.

• blownaway
    blownaway

Waton, my local gun show has one that says, if you are found here at night you will be found here in the AM and criminals you will be shot, survivors will be shot again.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." ― Stuart Chase

"The business man who assumes that this life is everything, and the mystic who asserts that it is nothing, fail, on this side and on that, to hit the truth. "Yes, I see, dear; it's about halfway between," Aunt Juley had hazarded in earlier years. No; truth, being alive, was not halfway between anything. It was only to be found by continuous excursions into either realm, and though proportion is the final secret, to espouse it at the outset is to ensure sterility." ― E M Forster

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Why humans believe that they are superior to other species, in the aspect of living forever ?

It’s the fear of death and nothingness after it, which makes them believe in an afterlife. IMO.

• Whynot
    Whynot

@Blownaway They have actually documented several "shit kickers" as you call them lol. Some slaves, children who didn't make it into adulthood, some who used to be animals even, farmers, criminals the list goes on.

I think people are more interested in the ones who used to be royalty.

• cofty
    cofty

Our consciousness doesn't survive anaesthetic so how can it survive the complete destruction the brain?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit