Is There Life After Death

by Brokeback Watchtower 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My research has convinced me there is. If you start demanding proof I quote Cofty when he talks about evolution and says stop being lazy, read some books.

• cofty
    cofty
    If you start demanding proof I quote Cofty when he talks about evolution and says stop being lazy, read some book - xant

That is disingenuous. There is no comparison. Biology textbooks and academic papers lay out a mass of objective evidence checked and reproduced by multiple groups of independent scientists. Evolution is a fact. Scientists invite scrutiny and challenges to their conclusions.

Is there even one peer-reviewed paper presenting positive evidence for incorporeal consciousness?

Also I don't just tell people to go and read books, I have made hundreds of posts setting out the evidence to explain it.

Susan Blackmore dedicated the first couple of decades of her life to try to bring science to the subject, convinced as she was that there was something to be discovered. She eventually gave up with the conclusion that every single example was deception, lies or delusion.

Books about life-after-death are a multi-million dollar business for obvious reasons. Their authors refuse objective scrutiny. James Randi's prize remains unclaimed. Subjective experiences are not proof of anything,

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Is there life after death?

Come around my office at 5pm on a Friday. You will believe!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

You dare to talk about peer-reviewed science and then say this important subject hinges on the experiments of a magician!

• cofty
    cofty
    and then say this important subject hinges on the experiments of a magician - xant

No I said no such thing.

Susan Blackmore is a serious scientist who spent decades trying to find scientific support for out-of-body and 'near-death' type phenomena. James Randi used his knowledge of how tricks are performed by top illusionists to debunk pseudoscience. His million dollar prize has been remained unclaimed.

The onus is on those who makes positive assertions about life-after-death etc to provide objective evidence and on scientists to investigate those claims.

• waton
    waton
    Come around my office at 5pm on a Friday. You will believe! M.

Another version would be the wt meetings; Coming back to life: the lively conversations after the almost deathlike dragging - ons during the program.

For there to be conscious life after death, there would have to be continuous recording of brain activity, because, if you go out of your mind, or loose your mind, your memory is gone, how could it be restored, or be stored in real time right now? where and how. so wait and see.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If a radio breaks then it won’t play music from the radio station any more.

If the brain is damaged then our consciousness is impaired.

The question, in the scenario of our consciousness, is whether our consciousness is like the radio itself, or like the radio station that the radio receives.

If our consciousness is like the radio itself then our consciousness probably ends at death.

And if our consciousness is like the radio station that the radio receives, then our consciousness may conceivably exist by other means after death.

• cofty
    cofty

How can your analogy work? Everybody has a different consciousness. I have no idea what others are experiencing or thinking or dreaming.

Animals also have a consciousness to a lesser degree.

It's nothing like billions of creatures all tuning in to the same 'radio station'.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Here are a few more experience for those that like that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWIzPnDaR6Q

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Of course there's an afterlife, just remember the parable about the rich man and Lazarus....ohh...wait....were in JW land...no there isn't an afterlife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit