Is There Life After Death

by Brokeback Watchtower 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    There is no evidence for us to believe that humans have been singled out for this extraordinary experience.

My understanding of the after life is that human's are not singled out as all forms of life are reborn. So when the Buddha became enlightened he saw his millions of previous lives and if that is true perhaps some of those millions lives were just as a multi-celled microbe.

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    As far as we know we are the only beings that have ever contemplated the origins of the universe and its purpose.

Wow what a narrow minded view. Have you ever spoken a whale? Can you say with any degree of certainty that they dont contemplate the origins of the universe? I think not.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If God does not exist no one will ever find out.

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    If God does not exist no one will ever find out.

By God do you mean creator of the universe? Or something else? The reason I ask is because the word god can stand for so many different things to different people.

But if you mean creator then perhaps it could be some intelligence from another realm that has the computing power to run these simulations for what ever reasons.

• Ex-JWs Brazil
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Cofty opined, "Animals also have a consciousness to a lesser degree."

I would suggest that "different" might be better than "lesser" in this sentence.

I feel that remnants of Victorian chauvinism persist in our society. EVERYTHING that goes on in our brains goes on in the brains of our furry cousins. How can I say this? Because the hormones in mammalian brains are the same. These are chemical keys. If the keys are the same, the locks must be the same too.

I think anyone who really has a relationship with a companion animal knows what I'm talking about, while those who "own" pets they think are animatronic knick-knacks think I'm nuts.

• Brokeback Watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit