Welcome !

by Simon 261 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I think I was probably waking up when I started the site and I think my family has a genetic rebellion gene built in.

At the time there was very definite pro-JW board where you would be kicked off if you weren't one of the 5% uber believers in your hall (it seemed) and positively gushing praise for the WTS every other sentence. Then there were anti-WTS sites that were sometimes a little too critical and unbalanced (you know the ones, where everything is a hidden picture of a demon). There were some great information sites but I wanted something more middle-of-the-road to be able to discuss things.

Angharad was not on-board when I first started questioning things - she blew the whistle and got the elders round! I'm glad she did though, their inability to answer questions and resorting to threatening me to keep quiet helped convince her that I wasn't nuts after all.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Then there were anti-WTS sites that were sometimes a little too critical and unbalanced (you know the ones, where everything is a hidden picture of a demon)

Image result for Watchtower stephen lett

• freddo
    freddo

I haven't waded through 26 pages but have read the first few posts.

From little acorns might oak trees may grow.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

how many have visited this site over the last 17 years.? lots come and gone during my few years here. i wish them well.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There are lots of JW forums already to choose from. I doubt this one will last.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks for the answer Simon. That's fascinating.

Who is Angharad? I believe I've seen the name before but can't place it. I could guess, but I'll just let you fill me in. I like knowing the genesis of all of this and really appreciate that this site, unlike many others, has stuck around.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Angharad is Simon's wife

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks! I guess I've not seen her around here, though maybe she isn't active here anymore. I guess she made it out too from the way she was mentioned. So great to see things work out in the end.

• Simon
    Simon

She's my better half, she does post but not as much as I do and she's not nearly as opinionated and controversial.

Definitely the better half.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/1203/Angharad

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Just read her "interview with an apostate" and enjoyed it. Sounds like she IS your better half. ;p

Actually Simon, when I first joined I thought you were controversial and harsh. I now just kind of see you as a guy that is often in the middle, and I'm there as well, and it's often a controversial place to be because people are so polarized. You ask uncomfortable questions, and I'm sure we don't agree on everything (which means that you must be wrong, of course), but I certainly agree on asking those questions. Actually, I've learned a lot from your posts because you post a side I don't usually see, and I like that. I saw it as harsh at first simply because other than my own questions about things that people were often appalled at, you had gone even farther. I have too now that I'm out and have had more time to look at things or new experiences. You're a good guy. (just banking that for when you ban me at some point in the future and I need goodwill)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit