Arctic Ice Increasing

by Perry 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

YE OF LITTLE FAITH

"PREPARATIONS FOR THE MILLENNIUM. Polar ice, both arctic and antarctic, seems to have been steadily decreasing, and it may be that these frigid deserts shall once more blossom as the rose-- `Isa. 35:1`--literally. The ice from both poles seems to be drifting toward equatorial regions, to such an extent that, in the north, it has become a menace to commerce, and it may be a work preparatory to the "times of restitution."" — ("Zion's Watch Tower, May, 1903 " p. 131)

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Perry has proved time and again that he either has no understanding of scientific principles or is wilfully ignorant.
  • besty
    besty
    but there really is no evidence that is caused by humans.

Completely incorrect, and here's why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4&v=5LvaGAEwxYs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cantleave - "...he either has no understanding of scientific principles or is wilfully ignorant."

The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

redvip2000:

Global warming is obviously real, but there really is no evidence that is caused by humans.

Humans have increased the Carbon Dioxide levels by over 30% since 1960. That has an inevitable impact on our warmth. It's the greenhouse gases.

I think sometimes we fail to realize that the earth is not static - it too evolves, and goes through difference cyclical stages. There is evidence to suggest that the planet goes though colder and warmer periods, and it could well be that we are going through a warmer period.

It is irrelevant that the Earth goes through colder or warmer periods naturally. We have increased the CO2 levels and that is what's having the impact. There is nothing in nature that's causing the increase.

When the ice ages ended we went from a cold period to a warm period which should have stayed at that but now we're going from a warm period into a hot period due to fossil fuel burning.

• Village Idiot
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I'll just say it I don't care since I'd say it to his face if he were in front of me. Perry you're an imbecile.
  • DJS
    DJS

Besty,

Thanks for the video link. What annoys the living hell out of me about revdip and those like him is that they could have found this link and similar information with a simple web search. They prefer to listen to sound bites coming from Rush and other Fundies, parroting their brain dead mantras without so much as a second thought.

Sadly, there are lots of people like revdip. Most of them thankfully are in the same generational group; here's hoping these people either completely lose their influence on decisions that are made about such things as climate change - or die off in time for those coming behind them to fix social and environmental problems in time.

It should be embarrassing to the revdips of the world. Sadly, it isn't.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I'll just go ahead and say it. If all this is about supporting the conservative movement behind oil and all it's BS fossil fuel theories, then I get it. Don't agree with it, but I get. If this hit has nothing to do with an agenda, then Perry you are an imbecile. Which is it?
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    As usual, actual thinking and reality proves too tough a challenge for fundamentalist winnuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit