Arctic Ice Increasing

by Perry 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Deniers will only stop denying when they drown in the rising sea level.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Autumnation4414, just to prevent any confusion that record was with reference to the winter extent. The summer extent, which is not yet finished, is likely to be in third place out of 35 years. There's no way summer ice is going to go back to 1980, 1990 or even 2000 levels.

The extent graph below shows this year in black.

For those interested in more global warming arguments - skeptic versus scientists - you can go here.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

In the Arctic, polar bears face a grim scenario due to climate change. Rising temperatures have caused sea ice to melt. This sea ice is where polar bears hunt seals. Without it, the bears have turned to other, less abundant food sources on land such as snow geese and caribou.

......................Image result for The future of polar bears in one photograph

To Read More..

CLICK THE LINK BELOW:..

The Future Of Polar Bears, In One Photograph

• Simon
    Simon

You know to measure ice you can't just measure surface area ... right?

There's a huge difference between some square mile area of ice if it's a few inches thick vs being Km's thick.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    OUTLAW, that looks like a pretty skinny bear.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Perry, where are you?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW, that looks like a pretty skinny bear.....Village Idiot..

.,,,,,.......Melting Ice is Severely Impacting The Polar Bears Ability to Survive..

Image result for polar bears in danger from global warming.....Image result for polar bears dying due to global warming

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

What a dumb post.

I’ve been traveling the world my entire life. I’ve been going to the Alps in Europe for 40 years and half, yes, half the glaciers that used to be in the Alps are gone. Completely gone! If I hadn’t seen it with my own two eyes I would not have believed it. In my lifetime the glaciers of Europe have steadily disappeared, which is chilling for mankind.

Second, there is a myth about Arctic and Antarctic ice melt. It’s the land ice melting that is the problem. The land ice in the Arctic and Antarctic has been melting which causes the sea level to rise, which is catastrophic.

The sea ice of both has been increasing through the years because the ozone levels over the Arctic and Antarctica have dropped, causing stratospheric cooling and increasing winds which leads to more open water freezing, but then it just melts again each spring so it’s a non-factor.

Posts that site tin foil hat types and people with an agenda do us no good. The weather we knew as children has changed. The seasons are all over the place. Now we get rainstorms with 6 to 8 inches. That used to never happen.

People need to wake up. We’re doing this to ourselves.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Okay, it's official.

Climate change deniers and anti-vaxxers are - for all intents and purposes - the same f**king people.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I don't know why people can't just accept what 99% of scientists in the relevant fields say about it, that global warming is real, it's man-made and we need to do something.

Global warming is obviously real, but there really is no evidence that is caused by humans.I think sometimes we fail to realize that the earth is not static - it too evolves, and goes through difference cyclical stages. There is evidence to suggest that the planet goes though colder and warmer periods, and it could well be that we are going through a warmer period.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit