The Heartless JW

by babygirl30 50 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Soooo...I have recently been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, and am scared OUT of my mind. In a weak moment, I called my parents and my mom answered. I start crying as I tell her about my disease, and this woman says to me:

"Well...I hope you take care of yourself"

And she hangs up the phone!!! Now it makes me cry even more...and yes, I know, Im grown and shouldnt expect anything different. But I did! My mom should care. My mom should give a rats ass that her own daughter is sick. And to be so cold at a moment like THIS is disheartening. I sadly hoped my DF'shipped status would be irrelevant compared to what I am dealing with, and yet, I guess religion is so much more important than familial feelings. 😢

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    That is disgusting and my heart goes out to you. PM me if you want to talk. I also am being worked up for autoimmune conditions.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Our mom's could be the same person. I'm sorry that the one person that should give a shit about you has you at the bottom of the totem pole as per bOrg demands. If you need to talk we're here for you, unlike that garbage cult that loves to talk about unconditional love.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

((Hugs)) I'm sorry your mother let you down. It's true that for a JW their religion is more important than family, but that doesn't make it any easier to take.

I feel for you, I have some serious medical issues myself, so I know what you are going through. I have learned to take it one day at a time and to think positive, even when it's hard. It's often not what happens to you that is hard, but how you feel about what happens to you. You can't change the condition, you can change how you look at it. I highly recommend meditation and keeping a personal journal. I try to remember all the good things I have in my life, if I focus on them it makes the bad things more bearable.

Lisa 🌹

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They truly do not follow the teachings of Christ
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

So sorry to hear...

If she has "shut the door to her tender affections", then as hard as it is, don't try and force her into caring for you. You will only get hurt more....

It sounds like the high control mindset runs deep in her...

Unconditional love is supposed to be a mark of true Christianity..... After all, didn't Jesus even eat with sinners??

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    SO Sorry!! No way that Christ can be involved in the Borg, uggh.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

That is weird. I am so sorry you have to deal with that on top of your diagnosis.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Oh, how loving and Christian of her. How can she expect any redemption in her future?. I understand and invite any need you may have to talk. So very, very sorry my love.

Juliette

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

babygirl30

I am so sorry you have been ill. It saddens my heart to know your own Mom treats you that way. This is so unnatural. I can't imagine ever turning my back on my kids.

Take good care of yourself, you deserve it. Like LisaRose said, take it one day at a time. Come on here anytime to talk to ones who understand how cold and insensitive this cult is. There are a lot of good people on here.

Hugs to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit