The Heartless JW

by babygirl30 50 Replies latest jw friends

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

babygirl, I am so sorry for your health issues which surely must be compounded by the heartache caused by your mother. My mother is similar to yours and I know all too well how you must be feeling.

I finally came to realize that my mother is toxic and in order to preserve my mental health I must avoid her like the poison she is. Someday your parents will be old and need care. Please refer to this incident when you decline their request for help.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    And to think that Jackson said under oath in front of the RC that he was unaware of the shunning policy.
  • chicken little
    chicken little

When we are fragile and in need of love it is devastating to be rebuffed by those we hoped would reach out to us and understand. I hope you give yourself time to come to terms with your illness and get support from others that may have the same sickness. Take some time to do some enjoyable and good things for yourself and try to leave the rejection where it belongs...with your mother. Hugs and hope you get help to manage and live with your illness.

Love Chicken little

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

babygirl-I'm sorry that you are battling an autoimmune disorder alone. Please know that a lot of people here are pulling for you. Others here, smarter than I, have offered you some great advice. Please keep us updated at to how you are doing.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ babygirl30 - When I read your post I couldn't help but remember Waco, Jonestown, and some other instances where people willingly did something so unnatural it was disturbing. I'm so sorry about your experience.

Your mom while she does deserve part of the blame, is acting as a result of deep indoctrination. Witnesses have been continually ingrained over and over again that they will be persecuted and incessantly chased down by Satan. Therefore, anything that deviates from the WTS teachings is evil with a capital "E". Hence you, your household, your lifestyle, your illness, your phone call is and was evil.

The WTS does a phenomenal job at stripping away every bit of our personal emotions and replacing them with theirs NOT the bibles. The result is your mom's incredibly evil response. There is no way, no way, absolutely none, that Jesus would have responded this way. But again, she has been taught to hate anything outside of the WTS. It also reminds me of the story of the Samaritan and when Jesus sat down to eat with sinners.

I'm just glad to see that the WTS is finally being dealt with. Hopefully it starts an avalanche that does not stop until they become incapacitated and can no longer spread their message of hate and exclusivity.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tenacious - "I'm just glad to see that the WTS is finally being dealt with."

If that is indeed what will happen (and I do think we're a lot closer to it than we were, say, a year ago), the WTS is the perfect candidate if the Legal system feels compelled to "make an example" of someone.

Especially now.

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    I am so sorry. It's bad enough to deal with your diagnosis but then to deal with your moms rejection/reaction. I swear these people truly have no heart. It's all conditional love.
  • babygirl30
    babygirl30

I feel much better today, and all of YOUR have assisted in that change-over. I was such a MESS yesterday, and rightly so. Every time my parents have been given a 'life line' into my life, they toss it right back. My cousins untimely death - they ignored me. My family reunion - they walked right by me as if I didn't exist. And now this! I called one of my aunts and she really surprised me, she got ANGRY and told me that the rest of the family loves me, and she even offered to come stay with me to take care of me - if needed. She made me cry even more! My boyfriend even comforted me last night, and he too has agreed to go gluten free with me. So the support is THERE - just not from the 2 people most human beings would expect it from...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

babygirl

Sometimes love and support can come from the people we least expect. Embrace the ones who show you love and allow you to express your love back to them. Pardon the bluntness but...screw the ones who can't show or give you the love.

So glad to hear you are doing better. Like someone said take it day by day and remove the poisonous/toxic people from your life. They don't deserve you!!!

More hugs your way!!!

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

Not to start anything, but perhaps your parents are just plain jerks. It sounds like they would be like that whether they be JW's, Born Agains, or Atheists. Some of my friends want to blame the JW's for the way their parents are when in fact they'd be a-holes if they were JW's or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit