Logansrun.....has arrived

by logansrun 37 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sounds like the cult of reality has a very strong hold on you .

Thanks for sharing your story, it's always good to hear a success story.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Welcome to the board Logansrun! I hope you all find the encouragment and support that you need!

• LB
    LB

Welcome Bradley. Glad you have joined us here. It takes awhile for us to lose that excess baggage the society has provided us with. But the load gets lighter with time. Take care.

• manon
    manon

Hi Logan,

We spoke on chat yesterday,nice to have you with us. Thanks for sharing your story, drop on in any time.

Manon

• Buster
    Buster

Welcome aboard. These stories of family separation due to disagreements on sincerely-held beliefs is getting pretty darn old. Sorry to hear it. Enjoy college.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Welcome, Bradley. I'm sorry you experienced such unkindness from your brother in law.

It's always amazing to me (even while I was a witness) the way they treat those who doubt. If they want us to come back, how would cutting you off accomplish that?

I wish you well..............and hope you like our little world, here.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, logansrun.

Sounds like your b-i-l is running scared! (and to speak for your sister, too!, what a mind-control group!)

j2bf

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Hey Bradley! Welcome here. Now I got to tolerate you here too? LOL This is a very good alternative to Tims board. Enjoy!

• acsot
    acsot
    Amazingly, I never received any elders visits. I was able to just "walk away." (This was quite a shock to many people as my exit was sudden. I even conducted the bookstudy the week I left) Fortunately, my mother is a "liberal" JW and my best friend is a non-believing JW (he's only in it for the girls, hehe); they still talk to me. The rest do not.

I was wondering about that same thing! Many here have done or are doing a gradual fade. I no longer attend meetings regularly, but do go to about 1 a week. I was curious to see if any had just suddenly "disappeared". Glad to hear that you now have a life! Welcome!

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

As always, I congratulate anyone who was able to walk away from the WTS with their sense of independence intact, not to mention freedom to pursue intellectual interests. Welcome and make yourself at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit