There is a rat on this forum

by jesusstolemyhotrod 68 Replies latest jw friends

• jesusstolemyhotrod
    jesusstolemyhotrod

You are very wise Valis......Emperor Class says it all!!!! I should have been more careful with the tone of my original post on this subject.....i apologize, if i created a stir or offended the long time members here......that was not my intent and very foolish of me.....but you are right.....i was very mad when i first started banging away at my keyboard.....should I edit it.....and if so how do i do that.....remember i am a foolish newbie

• Valis
    Valis

no need to apologize...my own beginning here by no means belied total reason or forethought...I was really just trying to point that out for the benefit of others...much like some have pointed their comments indirectly at those who might be lurking....and looking for someone else to harm. Nothing foolish about your post or being mad/frustrated at still having to deal w/the dubbies. It comes in ways you wouldn't expect sometimes. Mostly when you have family still in I would guess. *LOL* Dude I can feel you about banging away on the keyboards...sometimes you would like to reach through and ....well you know. eheheh

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ballistic
    ballistic

It's not beyond reason for the Watchtower to pay or "contract out" spying on sites such as this. They could even organise for these worldly people to sort out the doctrine from profiles of the users, collecting all usefull information on a given user, thus filtering out any supposed "apostate" information ready to pass on the rest to the Borg.

You can imagine they would probably lie to such individuals and say that we are disgruntled ex-members or haters of the Watchtower instead of the real truth.

Newbies would no doubt be of utmost interest to them, as they could be ones "straying from the fold". If they are new to the internet, they may also be more willing to give out personal info willy-nilly.

There are other cases where people have been identified by their screen names, people not even posting to this topic.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Dang I have not been ratted on yet, maybe I could make an anonymouse call LOL <pun intended>

Really, Jesus there are trolls and "watchers" but they will get there due on their own. Enjoy the board tell the elders to go blip bleep ok

<edited cause I spelled everythin wrong LOL>

Edited by - SheilaM on 29 January 2003 10:40:34

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

They're not the only group that's spying on the internet. Certain trigger words go into special classifications for so-call security reasons.

Guest 77

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

One of my friends quietly walked away as I did...He was never disf. One day, he confided in a Witness who used to work with him and had been away for years, some of the events of his current life (girlfriend, etc). Right away, the Witness says.."You had sex with that girl...I think I should report this to the Elders."

My friend was sweating buckets until he called me.

I said, "You don't know that He WILL go to the Elders. You've said he isn't that strong in "the truth". And even if he did, can these strange men called Elders make you talk to them? Can they make you go to a "meeting"? You've been away for years. And if you don't acknowledge them, talk to them, etc., you won't have to deny anything."

My friend said he never thought of it that way. The guy didn't go to the Elders.

It's amazing the power they have over us if we give it to them. Everyone must find their own way...there is no one rule fits all.

My siblings and I and the people who love me think it is insane that we are disf. or disassoc. None of us recognize this state. It means nothing. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt when I'm in the frozen food section in a store and someone delights in giving me the snub just to remind me of my 'status'. But just because someone says something negative about us doesn't mean they are right.

This thread reminds me I should be sending a thank you card to my former therapist. God, where would I be without his nondenominational help!

• waiting
    waiting

It always amazes me about the contradictions involved in posting with a fake name, fake picture (most of the time) and little else on an internet forum..........and someone dumb enough to think they can catch you.

elder: "do you post on the internet?"

me: "no."

elder" "aren't you the poster formerly known as 'waiting?' "

me: "no."

elder: "well, some personal information sounded like you, sister."

me: "well, it wasn't me."

elder: "do you want to confess your sin?"

me: "I've not sinned and I'm not that weirdo 'waiting'. I would never enter into Satan's Lair."

Just don't see how it could be done for the average poster. It's up to the elders to prove anything - and I would assume it wouldn't be easy without the other person's help. Of course, they can df/da anyone they choose - but then AlanF's post makes good sense to do ahead of time.

Hotrod? Who's to say that it wasn't your brother/mother/father/friend/enemy posting here - and you are assuming that they were just to bashful to speak up about it.....thus, using your personality while giving them more freedom? Sounds as reasonable as you posting here under that weird name, eh?

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 28 January 2003 18:33:58

• JH
    JH

We need some rat poison.

Edited by - jh on 29 January 2003 9:32:56

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

JH: Good one, Bro! LOL

Ok, who is the dirty Rat? Fess up...hehe

• copsec
    copsec

Personally, I think someone should be getting onto THEIR butts for being on this site. Isn't it being an apostate to be on here? So, why are they are? And on another note, I too would just LOVE them to show up at my house. I or my husband have just been waiting so we can tell them to get their Pedophile Lovin A--es off our porch!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit