Who still goes to meetings?

by christopherceo 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

Just a curious question to see what types of stories I get. Let's hear how you do it.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Once every month or two.

*****RubaDub

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Jamais, Jamais, Jamais!

• blondie
    blondie

Ditto, one a week, sometimes only 3 a month. By June I would like to be gone. Just have a few loose ends to tie up.

Blondie

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I quit going to Tuesday and Thursday about two years ago. I miss about half of the Sunday meetings.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Went this past Sunday for the first time in about two months. I don't mind going for just the Public Talk on occasion. Plus, it keeps the hounds somewhat at bay.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Guilty!

I still go but I miss chunks of meetings at a time. I am in the process of breaking away permanently. Like blondie, I still have a few loose ends to tie and I hope to be completely gone before the next District Convention in August.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, we had the visit of the CO. On the Theocratic School night, I stayed home but I listened in via telephone just in case there was some gems that I could post here. Anyway, while the school overseer was giving his part about the new TMS arrangement and how important it was to be enrolled and participating, I called his home number (using my cell phone), and removed myself from the school. I actually said this on his answer machine:

"Hi, Jeff. I'm actually listening to your part about the new TMS arrangement. I wanted to ask you to remove me from the school at this time. I hope that you respect my wishes and not get into why I don't want to be enrolled. Thank you."

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Jeff: WTF?!?!?

• Funchback
    Funchback

LOL @ Elsewhere.

I call EVERYONE at the hall by their first names. If they don't like it, then they can kiss my mmm-mmm.

• DIM
    DIM

Good for you Funchback, I went about it another way....towards the end if I was assigned mics for a month, I made sure to not show up the entire month...I was taken off of the list about 10 months before I moved (nobody said anything to me though - good work Scott Shmidheiser, Dan Brusha, Jim Ritchie, Mr. Mulwinny and whoever else is an elder at Willow Grove, PA!)

I also "forgot" that I had the #4 talk two times in a row and I was never given a talk for the last 6 months I attended!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit