Who still goes to meetings?

by christopherceo 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• zanex
    zanex

BWAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (does that answer yer question?)

• crownboy
    crownboy

Can't avoid them completely, being in a house with JW parents and all .

I used to be a once a weeker, now I'm close to being a once a monther. I've only attended one bookstudy and one Sunday meeting this month; hopefully I can keep up the good work .

Hell, right now I'm missing meeting by posting at this computer from school. One of the college courses I had today was on human evolution. I used to read the magazines regularly to pick up on the latest ridiculous point, but nowadays I just don't care anymore and just wish I could be 100% free (though the last magazine I did read had an "interesting" article on rape). But, alas, my parents help me with my school tuition, not to mention my room and board, so I'm not about to screw that up with only a crappy part time job to fall back on. Once I graduate, though, it should be different.

• freeman
    freeman

I always go whenever I have nothing better to do. However, for the last 16 years or so I have always managed to have something better to do.

Freeman

• minimus
    minimus

I miss most meetings, now. Before, I was considered exemplary. Within the last year, I have steadily decreased attendance. Everyone thinks it's because of my work. Now, they look at me in a sad way and regard me as materialistic.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

HELL NO!

I have not attending a meeting in going on two years.

You could not pay me or bribe me to waste precious hours of my life sitting in a Kingdumb Hall listening to such mindless drivel which could induce a full-frontal lobotomy.

After all, if I went now, it would just be the same regurgitated BS that the WT Writing Department has been spewing for the last umpteen years.

<gag>

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 28 January 2003 20:32:32

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Never again no more IngSoc, no more slavery to paedophile protecting bastards, No more Mind Control, No more FEAR, No More Hatred because of differing opinions, no more Blindness!

In the Immortal words of Martin Luther King Jnr.

FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST!

Thank GOD Almighty I'm Free at LAST!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Have to agree with Shera, on that one.

Though I wouldn't say they are nightmares.

The occasional dream I have about going back to the KH, is usually in superhero mode, where I wrestle the podium from the P.O., then I play my magic flute, and all the rats follow me down to the big pond, where they drown.

Uggh, that's not very Christianlike is it !

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Princess' disassociation thread from a few weeks ago had some pics from inside their Klingon Hell. Just that was enough to make me gag and scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put me in the I'll-never-set-foot-in-a-kingdom-hall-not-even-for-a-million-dollars category.

Welllll, on second thought, a million dollars is a lot of money!! Heck, I'd sit through a meeting for, hmmm...it would have to be at least $500.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Those of you who still do go... do you still get all dressed up?

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Near the end, attending meetings was so disturbing that I found myself crying in the basement surrounded by pioneer sisters and/or elders wondering what kind of demons caused me to react so violently to being in a Kingdom Hall. I doubt I'd have a response like that now, but I have kept my distance from anything resembling a Kingdom Hall for about 2 years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit