Who still goes to meetings?

by christopherceo 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• shera
    shera

LOL @ xjw

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

P.S. Actually, almost all places of worship give me the heeby geebies.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Elsewhere. Obviously you are not paying attention. I guess you solved the beer shortage problem. Did you take my advice, and get yourself a beer cooler, as I suggested earlier ? Good for 2 or 3 weeks, and you can see at a glance, when " fluids are low"

Re

Those of you who still do go... do you still get all dressed up?

Yes I wear my SuperHero Costume. Spandex through and through, I wear thongs underneath ( Valis suggested that )

Batman kind of. Black and Yellow. Only have a big JW on my chest, with a pre-dominant X through it.

I call myself SUPER APOSTATE !

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Nope. The only meetings I've been to were to offer baby assistance to my woman. I hated going though. I give it a sphincter factor of 55.

• blondie
    blondie
    Those of you who still do go... do you still get all dressed up?

No, I leave my diamonds and furs at home now.

I never wear nylons in summer and in winter I wear tights to keep warm. I never wear high heels (torture instruments invented by the devil or men or both). But I do still wear a skirt/dress. It's only for a few more months and I wear skirts/dresses at work anyway.

Blondie

• jimbob
    jimbob

Hey...Orbiting the Sun is back!! I always have enjoyed your posts!

As far as meetings go....yeah right!! The wife and I quit in August of last year. I could never imagine having to sleep sit through another meeting. Sometimes I just scratch my head and wonder how in the hell did I do it for as long as I did.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

The last meeting I went to was last years Memorial. My kids went once or twice after that. My daughter has one real close friend who went to her 8th grade graduation and that was the last time she got to see her. Her parents won't allow her to associate with my EVIL daughter. My daughter and her miss eachother deeply so her and I were talking the other day and she admitted that she would like to go to a meeting so she could see this girl, but figures everyone would probably stare and it would be rather uncomfortable. I would take her but I don't think I could sit through another meeting.

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Great thread. I thought I was the only one on this board still going to meetings.

I stopped going to the book study all together. I go to the service meeting once a month maybe. I still attend the Public Talk and WT every Sunday.

This keeps the Elders off my ass.

Diamond

• justhuman
    justhuman

Razorblade, I beleive that if you go after 20 years in your kindomn hall you will not know anyone!!! The old have died and the young ones 2nd & 3rd generation Witness they have left...

I go to the meetings 1-2 times a month usually the puplic talk and then I go...I hate the Watchtower article study

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have not set a foot inside a KH in over 6 years. If I were ever to sit in on a meeting now, it would bring back so many weird feelings. I am glad that I will never have to do that again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit