I almost gave up today except for a girl her tried to throw herself infront of two cars.............

by umbertoecho 49 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

You and I have a similar name. It's a beautiful name.

I just saw my mental health care professional today and, fortunately, I am doing well.

That is not always true, though. I know what it's like to feel on edge and vulnerable and to not be sure how I'm going to go on.

I just do. I don't know how or have any advice to give. I just want to tell you that you are not alone.

I will hold our name in my heart tonight.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Take BERTIE ECCO, love you too 🐣🐋🐇🐳watch out for those headshrinkers though (psyciatrists....not psycologists) as the medical model of mental health I am not sure of

Seems more like a policing service, protect themselves first. Not like you, lovely women . I hope your sisters respond one day xxxx

• millie210
    millie210

Juliette you have touched us all today.

Thank you for being you and I just want to add that I was reading your story and thinking how perfect each thing you said to Riley was.

Sometimes things align with such precision that it takes our breath away.

That is what happened today between you and that lost young girl. No one could have done better than you did.

You like music I see...

heres a line from a song I sing to a special little boy in my life - only today I am thinking this applies to you,

.....how wonderful life is while your in the world.....

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Juilette, you have taken on the mission of a friend I have, who I was once attracted to but we never actually went on a date. We are opposite in so many ways that it would have been like a match and a firecracker. But, I was attracted, and still am, to his genuine heart of compassion and goodness.

You Juliette, seem to have that same quality. It is not for the faint-hearted. He went through a lot to enable him to break through the constraints of others who hold back in the time of crisis in order to actually help in a real way the people who really, really need it. You have ability to really connect, an ability not so many people can have.

You, like he, go the extra mile, ignore the fears of others, and just DO what you see is needed, regardless of worries or fears. He will take in to his home a homeless addicted person in order to at least try to help when other have given up. Not many will do such things. Sometimes I think it takes having "been there" in some form or fashion to be able to break through and make a difference.

Such a (unfortunately) rare and genuinely gifted trait you have to enable you to see past what others fear and do what is rally needed in order to make real differences.

I am touched, and encouraged by your story. It is not so much a sad story to me as an encouraging one. One that shows action determination, caring, empathy, the true human gift of giving.

My hope is to be at least half woman you are, someday. The true and real definition of a strong, caring woman.

I admire you so much for who you are.

• Peony
    Peony

Juliette, thank goodness you were there. You had true compassion for this girl, your own experiences make you able to really connect with people. You obviously connected with her and I hope you find her again and that she is ok. You've restored my faith in people by your complete unselfish actions. I don't know you but I find myself wanting to tell you that I love you, you are inspirational. Big hugs xx

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

Very motivating Juliette.

I"ve posted this once before Juliette, but your experience reminded me of it again. Bob Dylan's Brownsville Girl.

"Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content
    I don’t have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I’m gone
    You always said people don’t do what they believe in, they just do what’s most convenient, then they repent
    And I always said, “Hang on to me, baby, and let’s hope that the roof stays on”

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

A little off topic, but as I read through this thread tonight I was thinking about the very real concern that the RC has shown and is still showing victims who have been where Riley is. They are quick to respond to emails and implore other victims to come forward to receive their help. I think they share your deep feelings for victims Juliette.

But remember when Jackson told the RC that "if they would just make reporting child abuse mandatory, it would make it easier" for JWs? WTF?? So much of religion is arrogance masquerading as humility. The world needs "mad bastards" like us to expose these leaders for the heartless, unconcerned a**holes that they are. Angus, too, was relentless and was not going to let these charlatans get away with their deceptions.

How unlike Jackson, though, was your knee-jerk reaction to show Riley love, Juliette.

One scripture I still remember is that 'love throws fear outside' or something like that and also that 'there is no greater love than to lay down your life for another'...or, I might add, to risk it like you did by putting yourself in harm's way for Riley. And my gut is telling me - I think she may want to see you again

What you did is very motivating to me to not be wrapped up in myself so much that I forget others suffer too . .

And I've said this before too: I'm glad I found all of you guys.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

So glad you were there at the right time! You did a great thing.

This is a great reminder that although some of us have beaten up by this religion or just life itself, we can still reach out and help those in pain and offer them hope.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

The world needs "mad bastards" like us to expose these leaders for the heartless, unconcerned a**holes that they are. Angus, too, was relentless and was not going to let these charlatans get away with their deceptions.

Thank you for all those sincere comments. I suppose I was very shaken when I got home. I didn't know what to do with myself. So I went to where I won't shock the "delicate senses" of those who don't like to hear about real life or sad things and sometimes really tragic things.....I came to the mad bastards forum.

I tried to follow up on Riley...I also reported the Mental Health Centre, then I went and wrote to the ABC.....nothing like a little pro active action....

The counsellor arrived today just as I was sitting relaxing with a good book. I thought..."Um okay, so you think I must be hanging off the balcony...." I opened the door and this enormous African woman was with her............"Where's the Tazer?" I asked...( nervous laughter from them.) "Come on in girls and take a seat. Sit anywhere you want, and tell me how Riley is"

Counsellor: " Well Juliette, as you know, we can't provide details of where she is and whether she is in hospital, but we can reassure you that she is in a safe and loving environment"....."

"So. You put her in some padded cell then did you?" (forced smile and a moment to gather her/their combined strengths)

"No no no. Nothing like that, we can assure you she is in a safe and loving environment" Ummm..." I checked your clinic online and I see you have six cases being investigated. And why did those cowards let her leave the building and run into the road?"..........."Well..moving past that Juliette, we really want to know how you are today, because you sounded very very upset yesterday"...
    "Thank you for your concern ####### but the issue is about how badly your staff behaved yesterday and the fact that your clinic/hospital is under investigation for neglect of care, leading the deaths of six people in one year and the youngest one was just sixteen. So my question is how are you all feeling about that? And with all respect, please don't talk down to me anymore. I am well educated enough to know about your loaded language, you are similar to a religion I was raised in..It's called repetition for emphasis bordering on brainwashing or trying to exert power over another"

Silence, shuffling some papers and she dropping pen..... they sat for a moment, the really big rugby tackling type woman's phone rang. So she got herself up of the couch and no doubt felt good to just get out of there.....

My home was clean and warm and full of life.

I did not really blame these women as such but I do get it .........I do understand that they can resort to phrases which make me want to grab a thesaurus and shove in their faces....Change the language and you may just shift your thinking....

I do know Riley is okay and I know I will not be allowed to see her. But! I think I will see her and don't know why. The nice rugby tackler and the thinner and very stressed counsellors left; telling me I looked really good today and sounded much better too.

"Thank you so much for saying that. It's just that no one has tried to throw themselves infront a car today...But thanks anyway. I'll see you around."

I know, I know.... I was a bitch. I couldn't afford to let them play me down or get under my skin. It would have given them a power I can't afford to lose.

If I was incorrect in my assumption then I send a big sorry to the sky for them... The thing is, they still let that girl run into the bloody road and no one went to help her. I don't forgive that, I don't have to.

I hope I have not hurt anyone here by my emotional outburst the other day. I hope that in the future I can just fill you in on good information about the things I find out and read about your' experiences and discoveries...

You were all excellently uplifting and tolerant. So thanks and kisses and all that stuff.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Orphan Great video of Van Morrison. I have all his stuff.

EdenOne. I have every single Pink Floyd album and somewhere I have Roger Waters..He is fantastic. I love music...it's the soul of everyone isn't it?

How good it is that I have met some excellent people who are not afraid of a passionate love of human kindness. We all have that in us. I see it in other ways from other "worldly" people. It keeps me sane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit