Latest insider info about WT plans

by BATHORY 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Thanks for posting this interesting bit of information. Why are the high-up JW borg so secretive about things? Why all the "hidden agendas" and who are these "unknown handfull of elitists"?

Perhaps there are powerful individuals who control this governing body of JW's. Would we be shocked to find out that "things are not always the way they appear"? (I am for some reason thinking of the Freemasons here.) Supposedly, they are involved with the "inner sanctum" of groups of people who "control mankind" in various ways--such as JW's.

Please keep us informed about all of this. Although I suspect that instead of "changing" their set rules and regulations, this new booklet would serve as a "legal guide" to what the elders can and cannot do to an individual. And, that when a person is baptised, or attends meetings regularly, mixing with the congregation, that person would be made aware of what would happen to him, should he try to discuss anything other than JW stuff, or introduce new ideas, etc., or break the rules. They would spell everything out, so no one could go into the courts for "relief from shunning" or the unjustice of disfellowshipping, or ruining marriages, and causing suicide and mental illness, just for a few.

Maybe the poll was just to find out if the masses of JW's were still loyal, or if rebellion was in the wind. Losing control is something they do not desire. Control is power.

• metatron
    metatron

If true, consider the sheer audacity of such a move!

In effect, you supercede the Bible, with its Christian emphasis on conscience and
    principles. You quietly toss that aside in favor of a volume of official canon law
    or rulings of the Rabbis.

It isn't that they haven't done this sort of thing in the past - its that such a move
    would centralize and focus attention on their Talmudic rulership as never before.

Also, THEY WOULD BE FORCED TO CHOSE - do we plainly state 'our rules' SO THAT
    THE MEDIA AND ALL OPPOSERS AND LAWYERS CAN QUOTE THEM? - or do we relax some things
    and leave lots of ambiguity and 'nudge-nudge- wink-wink' in print? Do we use CODE
    WORDS - so that we can lie to the press but secretly direct elders via private
    phone calls and C.O. meetings?

So, which would it be? be honest and suffer the consequences? Relax the rules?
    or ------------- LIE, LIE, LIE!!

Which will the Watchtower choose?

If I could put money on the outcome, I know what I'd wager on!

metatron

• wednesday
    wednesday

Having known an elder for over 30 years and him telling me all sorts of "private" stuff, (elders need someone to talk to, ) i don't have a problem believing that they have been haivng PR meetings. They would have to be seriously crazy not to worry about public image. And so much has been made about "secret" publications , only for elders, that maybe they will release a book with guidelines for all to see. I wouldn't expect too much change. perhaps more clear guidelines on handling child molestation cases.Just sounds like damage control. "meat in due season". new light, legal stuff to help save their arse. same oh stuff.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would not be surprised to see something like the Reasoning book with topics that say what "sounds" good from a legal and PR point of view but which references you back to literature that has the slant that can be interpreted different ways. Sort of like the voting issue: yes, it's a conscience matter in certain respects .. BUT ... IF YOU DO !!! WATCH OUT !!! leaving enough wiggle room for CO's to instruct elders how the matter should be interpreted.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I can just see all the dubs carrying their little guidline books w them. It's a bit like a few yrs ago, when the chinese were carrying around chairman mao's little red book. Dubs will revert deeper into childhood. All thinking will have been done for them. Too bad the wt doesn't take responsibility for them, as well.

SS

• undercover
    undercover
    I have ample evidence that says that this board is monitored by the WTBTS

If that is the case, haven't they in effect DA'd themselves from the organization? Aren't we(JWs) counseled to not have anything to do with apostate info? I see hypocrisy here. Dubs are warned to stay away. But ones in certain positions can "monitor" the anti-witness sites? What benefit is gained? Even if it is to see what areas are of concern to those disgruntled by the org, isn't this still the same as "the dog returning to it's vomit"? If someone has evidence that it is monitored maybe it should be made public so that lurking dubs can see how hypocritical their leaders are.

• email
    email

Personally, If all this is true, If I were still a dub... that book WOULD BE my last straw... that would BE IT! ... I'm out if there!

IMHO

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

This is a very interesting thread, but it seems to have proceeded along discussing mainly one possible outcome.

What if they are preparing this 'booklet' as part of their overall attempt to further separate the religion 'Jehovah's Witnesses' from 'the Society' in the minds of their adherents?

Ever since the new corporations were set up a couple of years ago, they have continued to subtly distinguish 'the faith' from the legal corporations that are supposedly only set up to support the activities of the faithful. Listing Larson and Simonis (sp?) in the front of the Watchtower here in the States was a HUGE change, for example, and this has stumbled one couple that I know. So, no matter how they try to cushion the blow, they can't prevent the continuing fallout.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

No, the more I think about it, there is NO WAY it can be a small booklet. There are just too many rules and regulations to spell things out in a simple fashion.

It would have to be something more like a Booklet with topics and numeric scoring instead of long verbose explainations.

Example: A brother asks himself, would it be proper to attend a sporting event this Saturday afternoon?

He would then open the Booklet, go to the index and find the topic SPORTS which would have VIEWING and PARTICIPATING sub-headings. Obviously in this case, he would choose VIEWING.

There would be a list of items with numbers beside them. For each applicable item, you would add or subtract and arrive at a total.

Type of Sport: + 5 Tennis +3 Baseball +3 Basketball -4 Football (Soccer) -5 Football (American) -5 Rugby etc.

Have you exceeded the national average for field service so far this month +2 yes -15 no

Will you seek opportunities for incidental witnessing at the event? +3 yes - 9 no

Do you conduct a home bible study (excluding family study) +3 yes - 8 no

Have you discussed this with an elder? +5 yes - 7 no

You get the idea. And on and on .......

Then you sum up the score. The instructions will indicate that a negative score would disqualify you from attending the sporting event based upon your Bible-trained conscience.

So it's that simple !!!

I see it coming ... I see it coming ....

*****Rub a Dub

• Farkel
    Farkel

francois,

I'm afraid I will have to agree with you. First, this so-called "insider" information flies in the face of the newest witch hunt to locate and DA even inactive ones for many years, even decades. That statement in the KM that no matter how long one is out of the Watchtower Printing Corporation, that person is still under "God's Law" (Translation: "Watchtower Law") sums up their paranoia perfectly. I doubt that paranoia and lust for power has changed. They are drunk with it.

Why the flip-flop in only a month or two? What the Watchtower Printing Corporation characteristically hails as glorious new light, almost always turns out to be some bullshit change that doesn't amount to sqaut in the overall picture of the religion. There are a few exceptions, but not many.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit