Latest insider info about WT plans

by BATHORY 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Gerard
  • metatron
    metatron

Suppose a group of Nazis or Communists assembled to 'create reform'. What do you think they would come up with?

Given the Society's addiction to Talmud style rules, I would expect MORE unChristian
    coercion and legislation. They have no interest in people, or ethics apart from maintaining
    their greedy control of others.

I'm not surprized they meet in secret to do these things - but given their twisted
    mindset I wouldn't hope for much.

On the other hand, the more they try to change, the more they may stumble into disaster
    like 'voluntary contributions'!

metatron

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

You are absolutely right on this metatron

The key is putting in place proper checks and balances in the system. But like you said they do tend to stumble faster into diasaster when they print something new.

hawk

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This is quite interesting. Instead of going through the index, then all the WTs to find advice on something (ie how to treat your disfellowshipped son who turned gay), all you would need is to pull out your little JW handbook, and look it up. I'll bet you that all JWs will be carrying those things around with them everywhere. It would be ideal for the young ones who are still in school to carry it around with them. If they run into a situation at school, they would just have to pull out their "Guidelines For Theocratic Living" book (not real name) and look it up.

But wait, isn't that the bible's job? Isn't the bible suppose to be our guide for living?

• freedom96
    freedom96

I wonder if the book will have a reverse effect. What if many witnesses after seeing it put down in simple words of what to do and not to do, will realize what a big crock it all is.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Interesting if true. I don't doubt that a LOT of meetings have taken place amongst the people in power at Crooklyn. Trying to damage control all the negative press lately. I also don't think that any 'reform' will involve anything other than more flogging of the flock though. It's all they know how to do.

• Mum
    Mum

SYN,

Are you suggesting that they are going to require the sisters / sistren to be nekkid from the waist down?

• jgnat
    jgnat

One thing the WTS does not know how to do, it is putting it down in simple words of what to do and not do. The WTS beliefs, told plainly, are plainly screwy. The only way they make these doctrines palatable is to couch them in fluff. After the writing department fluffs it out and the lawyers add the disclaimers, such a handbook will NOT be plain. Or thin. I bet such a "booklet" would be a royal pain in the nether regions to carry around.

Jesus was a master of plain language. Now how did he say it again? How to sum up the laws and the prophets? Hmmmmm.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hey WTS, here is my two cents for your survey:

Stop shunning ex-members or members who speak out on policies and teachings. Doing this only causes people to leave the organization pissed off. Instead, try listening to their input and making appropriate changes.

A simple marketing fact:

• A satisfied customer will go and tell at least three people about the good experience
    • A dissatisfied customer will tell between 12-15 people about the bad experience.

I can promise you, I am well beyond the 15th person I have told about how I was treated.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

"such a handbook will NOT be plain. Or thin. I bet such a "booklet" would be a royal pain in the nether regions to carry around."

This is why they would have to print it on those extra-thin pages, just like the Reasoning book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit