Latest insider info about WT plans

by BATHORY 43 Replies latest jw friends

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

Im not sure if is prudent to post this here.

I have a contact ( relative ) that is very close to a writing department researcher.

He claims that there was a private extraordinary meeting that was had about 6 months ago.

9 of the GB members were present and a handfull of elitists that apparently no-one knows or would recognise. They were let in to adams st by a GB member that made sure no one was at the desk and they were ushered into the meeting room.

Apparently the meeting went for about 1 hour 30 minutes.

Apparently the purpose of the meeting was to discuss " The corporations image as seen by JW's and the Public and a review of morality and non doctronal principles with the aim of REFORMATION"

Apparently the WT is threatening to write and release a new booklet ( hence my guys task was to gather info for it ).

This booklet will not neccessarily replace the elders handbook completely, but will be distributed to EVERY active JDub and will be a reference of easy accessablity on the NEW LIGHT that is being negotiated as we speak. Stuff like grooming, dealing with DF, DA and apostate people, what will get you DF and DA'd etc.

Apparently they want to have a written standardisation ( quick reference ) of these issues worldwide.

A huge effort is being put forward to finish this book so it can get released at the International convention that will be in beautifull Sydney in December.

Also apparently there has been a small and super secretive poll taken from amoungst some key bretheren elders, co's and do's which was disguised as something other than what it is.

This ' poll ' was taken person to person's( from a WT traveling rep ) in a special elders meeting at several scattered congs in the US of A so they could gauge and make allowances for differing opinions and standards.

This guy doesnt know if this 'poll' was conducted worldwide, but he sais given the topic of the book, a representative sample would be needed from a worldwide JDub group.

What i want to know is, if this is true and accurate, how has this been kept so secret ( till now ) amoungst the pleb class JDub ?

Has anyone here even heard anything small about this ?

Any lurking key company men reading this post, or god forbid, any dudes from crooklyn monitoring this board, feel free to cast light onto this, 'cause my view from the lounge chair is that i think this is the best idea you guys have had since you denied the existance of the 7 th volume of Studies

Bathory : whom will be sitting front row at Telstra stadium come december.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Well, I hope you're right. Depending upon what those reforms are.

At the same time, I have ample evidence that says that this board is monitored by the WTBTS (though I've never published it) and this being posted so openly makes me a bit nervous too.

I'd sure hate to see your source get his butt in a crack.

LoneWolf

Edited by - LoneWolf on 23 January 2003 3:47:59

• caspian
    caspian

Interesting post.

I have noticed that the ks91 textbook hasn't been used like it was for at least a couple of years now i.e discussing how to handle judicial matters etc.....at Elders schools, Circuit elders meetings and the 6 month meeting with the CO with the exception of tame paragraphs and chapters. such as how to be a better elder etc

Whilst there has been talk of new manuscripts for a new elders manual, it would seem more likely for the Society to print a new Organization book.

But as far as this book you have mentioned, I personally haven't heard of any surveys etc.

but that doesn't mean that it isn't true,

Thats my 2 penny anyway.

Cas

• kril
    kril

Post the evidence that the WTBS was here. I would love to see it.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Post the evidence that the WTBS was here. I would love to see it.

They're here - there are plenty that can testify to it, myself included. Don't dump your sources in the sh#t, don't tip off the WT on your plans. Think before you post.

Nic'

Edited by - Nicolaou on 23 January 2003 6:7:43

• SYN
    SYN

This sounds to me like they are merely formalizing the rules. For instance:

SECTION 3.1.2.4.3 - Proper Attire For Christians.

A. Thou shalt not have a beard, for it is Unbecoming of a Christian.

B. Thou shalt not wear pants, lest thou art a woman.

C. Thou shalt not have long sideburns, lest thou be called onto thy carpet.

D. Thou shalt wear a polyster suit.

I know, I know, this is a serious thread, but really, I can just imagine what a book like that would look like. Honestly.

Hopefully it will lay out clearer guidelines about going to the cops in cases of molestation, which would be a good thing, but knowing the Society, it will probably be a monumental step backwards for the general human rights of all Dubs, past & present.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Oh, are not unsubstantiated rumours just lovely?

Strange that a brochure should be published at the international convention in Australia in December, when they begin in June ......

And who believes that a brochure on how to deal with df'ed etc. will be published at a convention, with the media interest surrounding such an event?

• Francois
    Francois

Well, that's being led by the Spirit isn't it? You want to know what the Spirit has to say, take a poll. Why didn't they just get together and play with rocks like the ancient Levites did?

I suspect this booklet will pull the reigns in tighter. The WTBTS has never been known to loosen things up. This action must be in response to dwindling numbers of new publishers and a greater number of people leaving. So I expect the overall message of this book will be:

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

That's about the depth of insight found in Broklynn

francois

Edited by - francois on 23 January 2003 7:35:48

• scumrat
    scumrat

Those handfull of elitists that were probably the shareholders of the WBTS. As you all know, the governing body are just puppets. It would be interesting to find out who those shareholders are.

• minimus
    minimus

This sounds just like a good story. I remember Ray Franz saying that the Society had prominent elders tell them what they thought about different facets of JW life and about things outside of Bethel. You know, people that have kids, work 9 to 5, etc......That meeting produced zero. If they are looking for opinions, they'll probably do what Saddam did to his cabinet. Thank them for their honesty and then shoot them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit