What is your job/career? Like it?

by ashitaka 60 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

And, do you like what you're doing?

I'm a deskside support guy working for a service company, at one of their contracts. I enjoy fixing things, although some of the customers could use a good knock on the skull sometimes.

I make pretty decent money for what I am doing.

For me, it's what I've wanted to do my whole life. I had a computer from the time I was born, and love it since then.

What do you guys do to bring home the bacon?

ash

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

I'm a mom. The pay is lousy, I get no vacation, no sick time and I even have to work during my "maternity leave." But I love my work! It's the people I work with that make this job what it is. My kids are terrific and my mate is the best.

~Witch

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

I'm a support analyst and email administrator for our company's corporate intranet. I work for a financial data services and technology company. I like it and it pays the bills, but the opportunities seem far and few between.

It's a good company to work for with good benefits, though. And a laid-back environment. Only downside is no business casual -- have to wear a shirt and tie everyday.

Oh well.

• email
    email

Systems Consultant here... I do programming for different companies... plus I have a small software development company of my own on the side.

I love my work. (except on mondays... <sigh>)

• roybatty
    roybatty

Im a mechanical engineering. I was one of the lucky few who ignored the Societys rules on college and went. I work for Plano Moldings (the fishing tackle box people) "custom division." Right now Im working on another medical device used for collecting and infusing blood into the human body. Ah, the irony kills me!

• Simon
    Simon

I'm a software developer as well and do 3rd line support. In addition to the regular 9-5 I also work on my own projects too to try and pay the extra bills.

I love programming and have been doing it since my dad bought me a TRS-80, many years ago (been through a lot of different varieties since then).

I enjoy the creative, design & problem solving aspects more than the support stuff but whatever it is, it pays the bills.

My problem is having a break from it. It's nice on the odd times we leave everything behind for a few days (forum included).

I sometimes wonder what I would have done if it wasn't computers? I was very, very good at woodwork and tech-drawing at school so maybe something along those lines. Also, it's a hard occupation to keep up to speed with (practically everything you know and use changes every year or so) so I wonder how long I'll be able to keep it up!

I have a vivid image of my kids showing me how to work the new holo-box 2020 and it all going over my head while I mutter "damn kids ... now in my day we had proper computers".

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Simon,

I have a good mind for math and logic, but I have no programming experience. Do you think a 32 year old can learn it? If so, on his own, or do you think you must have schooling?

Thanx

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm a soldier. Full time. I'm a Chaplain's Assistant in the US Army, currently serving as an Advanced Individual Training Instructor/Writer at the United States Army Chaplain Center and School. I train new soldiers how to be Chaplain Assistants and write Training Support Packages (Lesson Modules).

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm a legal secretary with a smattering of adminstrative paperwork and executive secretary (translation: nanny) thrown in. I'm really good at what I do - been doing it for 25 or so years now - and I get paid really well, so I'm not complaining. I'd rather be home with the kids and volunteering at the school, but my paycheck helps keep us in the house we want in the school district that is best in the area, so that's a good thing!

Nina

• Xena
    Xena

I am an Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collections Manager for an importing/distributing company....

I LOVE it

What other job would pay me to nag men?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit