What is your job/career? Like it?

by ashitaka 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

I play around in all areas of telecommunications and get paid for it. Been in electronics since I was about 8 or 9 when I got my first Heath kit. I actually love my job and cannot see myself doing anything else. There is always something new to learn as the telco industry is constantly evolving. I can basically make your home phone, dsl, cell phone, or wireless modem work from point A to point Z. From the field sites to the switches.

Computers are my second love ever since my grandpa gave me his TRS-80 back in the early 80's. Been through who knows how many since then. Programming never caught my interest as I was more into the hardware side. These days, I am heavily involved in *nix as that is one of the main OS's I have to use everyday in my job. Typically, for someone to know some flavor of *nix, they are into programming. Not me. Oh, and I sometimes get paid to work on friends computers when things go beserk. I never ask for money, they just force it into my pocket! I never really knew how much people pay to get their computers fixed. I stopped one day at the CompUSA repair counter and read their quote list. GOOD LORD. I should open my own company for doing the same thing some day.

If I could have another dream job, I would love to have been an attorney. Not for the money, but for the fun of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit