What is your job/career? Like it?

by ashitaka 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Sargon
    Sargon

Been and done alot of different jobs.

At present I'm the only university educated roofer/shingler I know. I love the job, I love the risks involved... no pressure, no stress... I love high places; I also take pride in being one of the best in my neck of the woods at what I do. The best part is I get 3 months off every winter.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Up until last June, I was Director of Operations for a non-profit that counsels youth age 12-23 (but as young as 6) on drugs, alcohol, abstinence/teen pregnancy, STD's/AIDS/HIV, and mental health. I LOVED it. As of last June, I went back into my field of choice... management of low-income (assisted/subsidized/senior) housing. I am currently a Property Supervisor, overseeing the management of 16 low-income properties in prestigious Marin County, California. I LOVE it... I did before (13 years) and do again. And the pay is... over the top. Truly. I would do it for a lot less.

I also attend university full-time.

I am also a former "mom"... well, I'm still a mom, but my "kids" are 25 (married; no kids) and about to turn 21 (single; no kids). The grandma "thing" has yet to come... but I'm in no hurry, just yet. Soon, though.

Peace!

SJ, a slave of Christ, who also has a "life"... (surprise!)

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm currently an art student, working toward a degree in Visual Communications. I hope to do forensic crime scene animations in the future. In the past I was a tech writer, a legal secretary, a network tech, and a graphic artist for 7 years. When I am not in school, I'm a domestic engineer/ranch hand. I love it, but the pay sucks.

Country Girl

• Gopher
    Gopher

I'm a software developer for Allianz Life Insurance (North American division). Have been here for about 9 years, and they are a wonderful company to work for. They put people first. The job? Oh yeah, it's alternately rewarding and frustrating, but I love the creative challenges -- something different each week.

I've been in the industry 23 years. I went to "trade school" to learn computer programming immediately after leaving high school. You know as a JW, going to college was frowned on. Even trade school wasn't thought of very highly back in 1979. But the WTS finally came around on that point (they were getting too many pioneers who couldn't support themselves working piddly part-time jobs).

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

P.S. Does anyone need a job programming? My husband is looking for a good VB database programmer for computer litigation support, Fed contracts. Upon finding the right candidate, he can come home earlier. =)

CG

• La Capra
    La Capra

I also broke the rules and went to college. I was lucky, my Dad is not a JW and I played my Mom against my Dad to my benefit. I was treated very poorly at the Kingdom Hall for my decision, but I have been a high school teacher for over ten years. I'm lucky, I am good at it and have some fun doing it. I make pretty good money at it too (California Wine Country). I have been getting a bit bored with it over the last few years-you can only spout the quadratic formula with passion so many times. Last June, I started law school. I just got my midterm grades last week. I did pretty good. WooHoo.
    Shoshana

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

As of current, I am a Forward Observer in the United States Army. I am the one that is out on the front lines in combat looking for the enemy, and when I spot the enemy, we (my team) call for and adjust artillery, mortar, close air support, or naval gunfire on the enemy to suppress, neutralize, or destroy them.

I am the one that coordinates all indirect fire support for the maneuver elements and advises commanders on the best way to utilize indirect fire assets.

I like the Army. But I will admit that it is not made for everyone.

I will be changing jobs next month when I go to school. On to bigger and better things.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm the Controller for a real estate syndicator. We raise money from Japanese investors and buy property in the US, which we then manage. Currently we have four commerical buildings (plus one third party management) and seven apartment buildings. I love the work and the people.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    What other job would pay me to nag men?????

LOL!

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I'm a Designer/Engineer for a Store Fixture manufacturing company. I design Nordstrom, Saks, Tiffany's, Coach, Pottery Barn etc etc. interiors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit