If she doesn't comply an orange jumpsuit is in her future

by DJS 508 Replies latest social current

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

In Pew Research polling in 2001, Americans opposed same-sex marriage by a 57% to 35% margin.

Since then, support for same-sex marriage has steadily grown. Based on polling in 2015, a majority of Americans (55%) support same-sex marriage, compared with 39% who oppose it.

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/07/29/graphics-slideshow-changing-attitudes-on-gay-marriage/

• kaik
    kaik

Courts will have to decide between justice or appeasement.

Federal court will decide if she continue with contempt of the court or not. Nothing more, nothing less. All other issues were either settled by Constitution or by the SCOTUS ruling, which is not part of the game the federal court is dealing with Kim Davis today.

The glorified clerk has made powerful friends more valuable than her job.

She can become pastor of her own church the most, but her political career is over at the county level. After her 15 min fame is up, she will forgotten. She is liability, not an assets. Anita Bryant did not fared much better with much better physical appearance.

• kaik
    kaik

"SS is not endorsed by religions"

Jewish religious groups are supportive of gay rights. Only extreme ultra-orthodox Jewish sects are against SSM.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Who Is Kim Davis?

INFOGRAPHICSeptember 14, 2015VOL 51 ISSUE 37 News · Politics · Gay & LesbianRowan County, KY clerk Kim Davis returned to work Monday after being jailed for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples on religious grounds. Here’s what you need to know about the defiant public servant:
    Nickname: Kimmers

Full Name: Not going to be signed for just anybody

Christian Denomination: Apoplectic

Occupation: Still weighing offers from every conservative news outlet and political group

Work Style: Unconstitutional

Primary Goal: Protect sanctity of traditional homophobia

Commitment To Loving Her Neighbor: Court-ordered

Stance On State Regulation Of Short-Term Vacation Rentals: Unstated

Job Security: A lot better than most Americans

Number Of Presidential Candidates Currently Vying For Her Endorsement: Don’t ask

2014 Campaign Promise To Rowan County Voters: Turn unassuming government office into embarrassing international spectacle in less than year’s time

Sneaks In Some Secular Music Now And Then: Despite her better judgment

Last Time You Will Have To Hear About Her: November 8, 2016

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Jewish religious groups are supportive of gay rights

And sell bolony sandwiches to Gentiles too --But they don't buy it. Also, I never said that Jewish religious groups were not supportive of gay rights.

All other issues were either settled by Constitution or by the SCOTUS ruling

No, they haven't. The Constitution and 6/26/2015 rulings are laws. These laws do not settle all other issues.

--They are not through dealing with KD---

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

kaik:

"After her 15 min fame is up, she will forgotten."

I beg to differ. Her immediate popularity might wane, particularly in the media, but she will be remembered by conservatives due to the extreme "sacrifice" she made. They have long memories and those who go to extremes instead of just talking sh!t are well remembered.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Because she is an "elected" public official and all, and because an elected public official was jailed and power neutralized, perhaps other elected public officials -even those in high office- don't like it none. Not because of her postilion on ss but because of her position as an elected official same as them and because the power and authority of an elected public official has been countermanded and because an elected public official was jailed.
  • kaik
    kaik

"And sell bolony sandwiches to Gentiles too --But they don't buy it. Also, I never said that Jewish religious groups were not supportive of gay rights."

I never seen any Jewish person selling bolony sandwiches... To much antisemitism on your mind? Rejected in the past by Jewish girl?

SS is not endorsed by religions

Are you trying to imply that Judaism is not religion? LOL.

• kaik
    kaik

"I beg to differ. Her immediate popularity might wane, particularly in the media, but she will be remembered by conservatives due to the extreme "sacrifice" she made. They have long memories and those who go to extremes instead of just talking sh!t are well remembered."

I bet to differ as well. How did work for Anita Bryant? How much her homophobia helped her failing business, bankruptcy, ruined family? She is nothing more than 75 year old hag remembered world-wide having pie thrown on her face. Kim Davis would fare much better? What she will do? Burn the Morehead State University? She will be back in her backward Apostolic church watching its reverend handling snakes.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Are you trying to imply that Judaism is not religion?

I never said Jewish religious groups were supportive of gay rights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit