If she doesn't comply an orange jumpsuit is in her future

by DJS 508 Replies latest social current

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy
    I got over it, and moved on. I have new friends now that actually are genuine in their concern with me--however I have learned from my mistakes. One thing I have learned is just because someone goes to church doesn't make them a christian, and 2 just because someone says they are a friend doesn't mean so. I have learned from that difficult period of my life.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey JG!..

Fair enough,I could care less one way or the other..

But..

You did explore that possibility..And..It was Nobody's Business but Your Own..

...Image result for live and let live

......................Image result for live and let live quotes

• kaik
    kaik
    Her case will be forgotten by the election. There will be different issues to deal with it than some unimportant county official. However, her beliefs is very good way to present the craziness of Christian extremism to the masses via media. She is an excellent poster child for crazy teaching of Apostolic church, and I am hoping she stay in the spotlight for much longer.
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy
    True Outlaw!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Religious News Service:

Some county officials in Southern states — including Cleburne County Clerk Dana Guffey in Heber Springs, Ark.; Decatur County Clerk Gwen Pope and two others in Decaturville, Tenn.; and Rusk County Clerk Joyce Lewis-Kugle in Henderson, Texas — have resigned rather than issue licenses to same-sex couples. Alabama law says county probate judges in the state “may” issue marriage licenses, so some counties have ceased providing the service.

That's the example to follow.

• DJS
    DJS

Fish,

You've made some excellent posts recently. Thank you.

• kaik
    kaik
    It will be interesting what will happen next week in the county. There are talks that she wants to fire all her subordinates who disobeyed her order not to issue marriage. I believe they are waiting for it to happen so KY AG can put own prosecution case and get her removed from the office by legal means.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    It will be interesting what will happen next week in the county.

The glorified clerk has made powerful friends more valuable than her job. If she can be forced to resign, everything should die out, except that her supporters will retaliate for her 5 day confinement. Also, if she resigns, her friends will not need her.

If she "presses on," the Courts will have to decide between justice or appeasement.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    everything should die out

It can rise up again, because as it turns out, refusing to marry ss by a public official is bigger than Morehead, and practiced before 6/26, and no one has been pink slipped or charged, and besides VI post, have resigned.

Billboard rhetoric does not persuade or discourage those that oppose ss marriages, it only adds fuel to the fire. SS is not endorsed by religions, but ss is endorsed by the USA, so ss do not have to plead their cause.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    llboard rhetoric does not persuade or discourage those that oppose ss marriages, it only adds fuel to the fire. SS is not endorsed by religions, but ss is endorsed by the USA, so ss do not have to plead their cause.

Same sex marriage is not endorsed by some religions. There are many religions that accept gay people. I attended a United Church of Christ service that had a gay pastor. This is the church my in laws attend, they are in their eighties and have no problem with it. They are a liberal church, but it isn't that uncommon these days even in more mainstream religions. Even the Catholic church seems to be softening, although I don't know if they will ever fully accept gays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit