If she doesn't comply an orange jumpsuit is in her future

by DJS 508 Replies latest social current

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    To those who think Kim Davis should be allowed to not issue marriage licences

Lisa there are people out there who want to use devices to stop gays from getting married. JW would never do that. And I would never do that and neither do I secretly rejoice over it.

Davis is stuck in her position because the gay law was passed while she was in office. She does not want to loose her job. Would anyone? And she claims that she cannot violate her conscience. She is stuck.

They want to get the AG to prosecute her for misfeasance, he cannot...... She is being sued by the ACLU....She is in jail for contempt...... So much power given to a clerk. Wasting tax money and time.. Just replace her. they can't. Religion has no business in government. How dare you run for public office and then use religion as an excuse.. If not for this thread, I would not even have noticed.

I was surprised (shocked) to see the post showing how many countries legalized ss marriages,but after realizing that, then what is the big deal here in the USA?

I think that Simon is right, this is just a transition period. That is just my guess.

But specifically in Davis case. Very easy solution: The boot. Let her sue. But that is not the way KY gov is set up. It is a flaw in the system. They have to fix the system. The system has deeper pockets than Davis and it is the system that is to blame.

But also who knows what could spark another civil war or chaos in the streets all over the USA

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    She is breaking the law

What is the difference between her breaking the law and gays breaking the law finally being rewarded and illegal allens breaking the law and finally being rewarded. Are they not all breaking the law?

• kaik
    kaik

What laws are gay people breaking? Anti-sodomy laws were overturned decade ago. States like Maine gave SSM based on popular vote. District courts stroke anti-discrimination laws over these years for some time. DOMA was declared unconstitutional two years ago. SCOTUS did not create any laws when it comes to gay marriage. It only declared that banning gay marriage in 14 states in USA was not constitutional.

On the other hand, Davis is elected official and it is her duty to uphold constitution of the country and the state. If she cannot do that, she needs to resign and her stance is what is it, criminal by contempt of court. She is in jail where she belong. Nobody is taking her religious conviction away, but her religious beliefs cannot interfere with the duties of elected officials.

everything else you had said is just red herring.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Davis is stuck in her position because the gay law was passed while she was in office. She does not want to loose her job. Would anyone? And she claims that she cannot violate her conscience. She is stuck.

There was no gay law passed, the supreme court ruled on laws that were attempting to ban same sex marriage, striking them down and ruling they were unconstitutional.

Davis is stuck only because she can only think in simplistic, black and white terms and wrongly feels that her name on the marriage licence would mean she is approving of the marriage, when all that means is that she has certified the marriage is legal. Frankly, I don't think she is the sharpest pencil in the drawer, and she is more motivated by hate than belief, but whatever her reason, she is wrong.

Now that she is in jail she is attempting to reach some kind of compromise that will allow her to take her name off of the licenses and keep her job. I personally don't want to see her lose her job, but she has to learn that you can't flaunt the law and justify it by claiming it's because of your religious beliefs. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if that were allowed. Other people in other backwards counties are probably watching this to see what happens. Hopefully it will all get resolved and people will figure out they can't discriminate against gay people just like they learned they couldn't discriminate against women or people of color.

I agree this is likely a transition issue, hopefully it will get resolved and we can all go back to making fun of Donald Trump.

• LisaRose
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    On the other hand, Davis is elected official and it is her duty to uphold constitution

elected officials, cops, lawyers, and others take a similar oath.-She has not been charged with violating that oath and she has not been found guilty of that.-Has she?

What laws are gay people breaking?

Prior to Lawrence vs Texas, gay conduct was a crime, no?

How is the rest of what I say red Herring?

Based on your premise that Davis should be put in jail for breaking the law because you say that is where she belongs as if it was up to you to decide how to deal with her, do you also believe that gay believers should have been put in jail for breaking the law, and how about now, gay believers facing death and jail for their beliefs, Is that what you think? Or only for Davis because that is what you like?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    What is the difference between her breaking the law and gays breaking the law finally being rewarded and illegal allens breaking the law and finally being rewarded. Are they not all breaking the law?

WTF are you even trying to talk about? Whatever it is, how is that related to this?

She has not been charged with violating that oath and she has not been found guilty of that.-Has she?

Yes, hence she is in jail. Are you being stupid on purpose? I ask again...

ARE YOU BEING STUPID ON PURPOSE?

• kaik
    kaik

She is breaking the law, by refusing to issue license to two people after court told her to do so. The law she is breaking is a contempt of court. People go to jail for that as Mrs. Kim Davis had find out.

Again, rest is red herring.

You side tracking, because you lack reasoning skills due your own homophobic biases. First red herring were illegal aliens. Second red herring is "She has not been charged with violating that oath and she has not been found guilty of that." Because we do not talk about her oath as elected official; but Davis is disobeying court order which is criminal. Court did not sent her in jail because of her oath, nor the court has not make her guilty of anything else.

• kaik
    kaik
    Viviene, there is definitely some deficiency inside fisherman's cranium. The issue is very clear, she is in jail for contempt of court, and disobeying its order at her will. Why she is in contempt is at this point irrelevant. The law is clear, and she find the consequence of her actions at the present of the federal judge.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    She is breaking the law, by refusing to issue license to two people after court told her to do so.

Oh, so you have read my posts. And you can think.

I enjoyed your post that I responded to. Would enjoy very much to continue our discussion tomorrow without you insulting me. I have not done that to you on this thread.. See you tomorrow. No Holiday for you today I see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit