If she doesn't comply an orange jumpsuit is in her future

by DJS 508 Replies latest social current

• Viviane
    Viviane
    True, but she was not put in jail because obeying a Court Order is part of her job.

False and you know it. That is EXACTLY why she is in jail. Had the order never been given or she resigned, she would not be in jail.

I want to see law, not your mouth.

Well, stop trying to see my mouth, stop being lazy and look it up like the rest of us did. Do you think you can make an intelligent argument from ignorance?

Show:

I don't think I am going to do your work for you. You need the experience of learning for yourself. It's also totes adorbs that you think you direct me to do anything. You're like a two year old demanding a cookie.

By the way Viv. She has not been sentenced for not doing her job. She is being detained for willfully violating a Court Order.

Yep, her job is to follow those those. As you are unintentionally demonstrating, she is in jail for not doing her job.

I wonder, Fishperson, do you make so many wrong and ignorant arguments to be contrary? It certainly isn't because you're informed on the issues and have a point to make and it doesn't seem to be because you care about civil rights. Are you just someone that has to jump in and try and stir the pot for no reason? Whatever the reason, you've become an excellent case study for the value of critical thinking, informed reason and education.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    By the way Viv. She has not been sentenced for not doing her job. She is being detained for willfully violating a Court Order.,,,,,Fisherman

A federal judge ordered her to jail Thursday, ruling she was in contempt of court for refusing to issue the licenses and not allowing her deputies to distribute them for her.

The Contempt Charge is "based on her refusal" to do her job..

• DJS
    DJS

Fish,

"Wanted" her to get an orange jumpsuit? Actually, I understand the results of her actions in legal cases such as these. If I hadn't 'wanted' her to get an orange jumpsuit my OP would have read the same. It was a foregone conclusion. Unlike you and the fundies on this site, I use empirical and expert sources for my data rather than fundie websites. And I utilize a rational, un-emotional analytical approach to issues such as these, rather than an irrational, emotional based reaction. You, Z, and the others might try that. Notice who I quoted - the Governor of KY, a constitutional scholar at UL (Do you have any idea the education and experience required to be called a constitutional expert???) and what I referenced - the SCOTUS and the appeals courts.

I would prefer, by a large margin, for her to change her heart. How easy it would have been for her to respond like this: "Although I recently became an x-tian and I do not believe that gay marriage is approved by the bible and the god I serve, based on the oath I took, the US Constitution as interpreted by the SCOTUS, and the fact that I believe my god and savior showed me underserved kindness and grace after making many mistakes in my life, I will show the same grace to those whose lifestyles I disagree with. I will sign the marriage certificates.

Praise be to my lord and savior jesus christ."

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

OUTLAW: The Contempt Charge is "based on her refusal" to do her job..

Thank you Outlaw for stating what should be obvious, now if this thread could just die.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    That is EXACTLY why she is in jail. Had the order never been given or she resigned, she would not be in jail.

That is a lie. She is in jail because the gay pair and their lieyer made application to the Court to punish Davis. If the Supreme Court did not rule in favor of gay marriages, she would not be in jail either.

Not doing her job is not a crime. There is no penalty for not doing her job and she cannot be forced to work. The Court cannot force her to work. .There is no legal reason to encarcerate her for not doing her job as clerk. But the Court may enforce a Court Order. AND the people can remove her from her job.

She has not been found liable of discrimination. She has not been found guilty or charged of not doing her job. And she has not been found guilty or charged of not doing her job obeying court orders. The judge found her in contempt and remanded her for that reason only.

To quote Marvin Shilmer "Should know this by now!"

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    "Wanted" her to get an orange jumpsuit?

Removed the remark.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

A federal judge ordered her to jail Thursday, ruling she was in contempt of court for refusing to issue the licenses and not allowing her deputies to distribute them for her.

Oulaw, Davis did not go to jail for not doing her job(issuing licenses to gays.) She went to jail because the Court made it the law that she must issue licenses to gays. There is not legal reason that I can see that not doing her job is a crime with a jail penalty. Hope you understand.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Here's how it should typically work: If a same-sex couple shows up at a county clerk's office to get married, an individual official can refuse to grant them a license. But the official would have to hand the case over to another county staffer, who would then give the license to the couple. The issue is that individual government employees may refuse — based on genuine religious objections — to marry same-sex couples, but the county government as a whole has a compelling interest to accommodate the couple and avoid violating their constitutional right to marry.

Davis's office is refusing to issue any marriage licenses, which lets her office say it isn't discriminating against same-sex couples, since no one — not even opposite-sex couples — can marry. But even that defense hasn't worked: Gov. Beshear's office concluded that it's a clerk's legal duty to issue marriage licenses, and courts have agreed, so Davis is violating her clerk's oath to uphold the law by stopping her ENTIRE office from marrying anyone.

Still, Davis was offered an accommodation: She could let her deputy clerks marry people, while she excuses herself from the process. She refused, saying she would interfere if she was released from jail. That indicates Davis doesn't just want to excuse herself from marrying same-sex couples, but wants to be able to impose her religious beliefs on her whole office — and, as a result, the entire county government. And it means the judge can't release Davis from jail if he wants to keep marriage licenses flowing, since she would stop deputy clerks from issuing licenses.

So, let me sum this up all nice and easy.....Davis wants to IMPOSE her religious dogma on EVERYONE in her county. That, my friend, is illegal.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is no penalty for not doing her job.

She has not been found guilty or charged of not doing her job....FisherMan

The judge put her in jail for "Contempt of Court"..

Based on:.. "Not Doing Her Job"..

....................Image result for Ignoring facts
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Still, Davis was offered an accommodation:

Based on what her lawyer published, that is all she wants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit