• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viv, are you an attorney?

Great question!

You can PM me.

I've no reason to PM you.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I mean if you did not want to disclose it.

Also, looking things up on the internet does not mean you have all of the facts.

And when viv says something is a fact does not make it a fact

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well there are:-

Facts ! Faqs ! & Fax ! ( is that a fact?)

The Rebel.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I mean if you did not want to disclose it.

Why would I want to disclose anything?

Also, looking things up on the internet does not mean you have all of the facts.

Very true and utterly irrelevant to the facts (which you've not bothered to look up).

And when viv says something is a fact does not make it a fact

Also very true and utterly irrelevant to the facts (which I provided you).

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    you not being sure about the validity of her argument is irrelevant.

Sure it is.

She is not upholding the law or her oath. That is fact.

It is not a fact

She IS only doing her job when she feels like it.

No she is not..

You not being sure, remaining uninformed, trying to muddy the waters have nothing to do with the facts.

Argumentative. More assertions

The fact is she swore to uphold the law.

She did not swear to kill her mother and father if it became law or curse God or violate her beliefs if they ever became law or endorse gay marriage licences.

Yet another fact is that judges cannot do whatever they want.

I explained to you what I meant by that.

A final fact is that she in no way has to endorse a marriage to sign it,

That is not a fact. It is your opinion. She has hers.

As far as knowing whether or not her claim is invalid, she has lost every challenge and no more are left. She lost, her claim is invalid. Every single person who actually understands the issues grasped that. That you didn't, freely admit that you are uninformed on the matter and have made no attempt to bother to learn the facts makes your laughing little more than personification of the phrase "ignorance is bliss". And trust me, you were never arguing to win. Heck, you don't even have an argument. You've nothing but being uninformed and happy about that.

So you are not a lawyer. I am not laughing. I only said that I would.

In essence, you're why we can't have nice things.

You hurt me. Sad If I am giving you the wrong impression about me with my posts. That is unfair to say that about me based on my posts and not having all of the facts about the person that I am.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Well, you're still wrong and uninformed and seem to have no plans to change either of those things. There is exactly zero point in talking to you as it's an absolute waste of time, energy and information.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Well, you're still wrong and uninformed

What is wrong with that ?

and seem to have no plans to change either of those things.

That is not true.

There is exactly zero point in talking to you as it's an absolute waste of time, energy and information.

What specifically do you want me to change about myself that you feel is bad?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

*yawn* *looks around*

goes back to bed

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Some excellent comments and arguments here.

Whether she personally hates gays or made her decision based on the fear of aftelife punishment, I cannot say. But here is my observation with regard to religion or politics playing a role in an individual's thinking:

it may not seem a big deal when one takes another's right to act or think according to their belief or philosophy, but when there are a number of people subscribing to the same ideology the sum of the collective thinking can become a serious hazard that surpasses merely impeding on the rights of others and can become dangerous.

During the apartheid era in South Africa segregation laws were easier to accept and enforce for the average white Afrikaner (they were the vast majority serving in government, law enforcement and career military positions) who heard from the Dutch Reformed Church (NGK) pulpit that blacks were the offspring of Noah's cursed son Ham and therefore inferior. It was generally accepted among the NGK members as a biblical requirement to separate themselves from and punish "the cursed heathens" as they were enemies of God.

It would not have been possible for Hitler to carry out genocide had the Nazi propaganda machine not first instilled in the average Nazi supporter the irrational fear and distrust of the "communist Jew". Doing so not only lent justification for "llooking the other way" but also an ingrained hatred of an "enemy within" which justified the elimination of that "enemy".

Propagating the belief that any practice or thought process contrary to religious or political teaching can cultivate an "us versus them" mentality which collectively can become dangerous. Saying it is someone's right to believe blacks, Jews or gays are bad people or engaged in bad practice is fine but remember when these individuals become a large part of society those individuals beliefs transcend their demographic and infringe on the rights of others (abortion, gay marriage etc.) and that is a problem.

Ignorance breeds fear, fear breeds ignorance and often when people fear or are ignorant about a subject it leads to zero tolerance and unfortunately, in some cases eradication.

I firmly believe we are to evolve into creatures of a higher and truly beneficial consciousness, we absolutely HAVE to question whether or not our held notions are beneficial for the existence and freedom of every creature on this planet. If you cannot exist freely then you are not living but merely existing.

Please note: these are my personal views based on my own continued life eduction and observations and should not be misconstrued as being adherent to the philosophy or ideology of a second party. Therefore like anyone I am very prone to error and always willing to scrutinize with impartiality, the opinions and arguments of others in the interests of furthering my life education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit