I WAN'T TO COME BACK TO THE TRUTH.....!

by rich_1961 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Rich, in one way I'm hoping you are not a genuine case, its hard to tell if a person is genuine when posting on an internet site, dont you agree?

If, unfortunately, you are genuine then life must be a nightmare for you, I have worked with people who are trapped inside the world of addiction and can only say how sorry I am, if someone hasnt been through breaking addictions then they can only imagine the torment and battles associated with it. Though its a different type of addiction most of us here have dealt with religious addiction, the inability to let go of a religion that threatened to destroy our families, a religion that wouldnt allow us to to be free to make up our own minds, and one that we kept getting readdicted to again and again (sounds like drugs?).

I used to try and help a young man that was raised in the JWs, in his youth he was tempted to take drugs, consequently he suffered and JWs heaped up a pile of guilt and led him to believe that "demons" were controlling his life....they didnt help him. Infact I arranged his funeral after he was found hanging from a tree. Not one JW attended his funeral, yet these are the only people he really knew. See Rich they cant help you, and life is no better inside than outside of that movement.

look at the wrong choices you have made in your life over the years, and look where they have left you. DO you really think you are making the right choice now? Are you in the right frame of mind to decide that you want to be a JW? I would suggest you continue to seek help and get yourself in a better frame of mind before making decisions about whether to be a JW or not. It may look enticing now to go and join a group of people who all seem to have got life pretty much together, but I can assure you they havent got it all together, they are as dependant on and contolled by the Watchtower just as much as you are dependant on drugs & alcohol.

Are you aware of the mental stress that many JWs face in their lives due to a group of old men in brooklyn? Do you know how many JWs smile all through the day to impress people yet cry all through the night? All that glitters is not gold...you will eventually end up in a worse situation than what you are in now.

You have made wrong choices in life, we all have, but you are still an inteligent person who can do better than join a cult. You need to find people who can encourage your self worth, who can see that you are not such a bad evil person, and who can empathise with you in this struggle. You may have failed 4 or 5 times in trying to overcome, or 10 or 20 times, but I'll bet you a million that you CAN do it in the future, you just need the proper help....seek and you WILL find.

Brummie

• ballistic
    ballistic

Rich, I don't really care what you think about this board or some of the posters on it, but for some people, the "truth" seems to help them, for others it's part of their problem. The fact that you came here in the first place shows that you were searching deeper. Otherwise, why did you come here and not just phone your elder buddy? (we all had one)

So now you're here you might as well see just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Hi Rich:

If you want to get better, you do not need to "come back to the truth". What you need to do is get your life spiritually back to Jehovah God based on the Bible, not a religious organization. That means coming to terms with what you need to do to correct your situation and certainly praying to Jehovah God to give you the strength to do so. The Watchtower organization will not help you do this. Only you can take the steps to correct your bad habits and make yourself a better person.

Please enroll in a drug/alcohol program to get you straight along with therapy. Believe me, the Watchtower organization will not help you or encourage you to do this. Only you can along with prayer to Jehovah God.

Ronin1

• Mary
    Mary

Rich, I think you should stay being a drunk and drug addict. Obviously you get a weeeee bit edgy when you don't have your whiskey for breakfast.............

Why can I see this guy sitting at Brooklyn in a dark, dank office, typing this crapola?

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

Let it go guys .... he is NOT WORTH IT!!!!!

Hes been offered genuine advice and personal experiences and still he calls you morons.... see what kind of reception he gets at the local KH...... coz they know drug addition is contagious.... as is stupidity and he had both.. excellent material to become a rank and file JW.

Curious MInd

• yard dog
    yard dog

That's right man, were the morons but your the one drinking and doping your life away. Poor me-you can't possibly know what I've been through is so pathetic. I for one and am reasonably sure there are others here who know every bit of your pain.Your not special dude. You've been to what 4 treatment centers. You know the routine and I'm sure you know AA/NA is a good start. I think you couple that with some prayer and white knuckle sobriety and you will have your starting point. I could care less if you go to the kingdom hall or not. That's your choice to make. I don't go for my own reasons but if it works for you then do it. My only hope is that you DO sober up, research your beliefs then do what is in your heart. You will be in my prayers! Yard Dog

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Richard,

why are you so mean to us now?

• Mac
    Mac

Bad hair day??????

mac

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

In the church run house where I used to live, we once had a visitor from up the country, who was schizophrenic. He told me all about how he would get high, and then filled with courage, would run into a pub, jump on a table, and preach to the assembled masses.

He said he was down from the country to attend a crusade our church was hosting, complete with hotshot international evangelist and healing whiz, Ezekiel Choong. It turned out he was actually down to attend a hearing in the local (magistrate's) court about a time when he verbally abused some cops. His defence: he was not abusing the cops; he was rebuking the demons IN them!

This Rich reminds me of him...

• TR
    TR

You know you're a JW when the word "Christ" never gets mentioned in a religious conversation.

Hope all works out well for you, Richard.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit