I WAN'T TO COME BACK TO THE TRUTH.....!

by rich_1961 72 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I totally agree with everyone word Blondie said.

You can not begin to decide what to do with your life until you get clean and sober.

You are wanting to run back to the security of being a JW because you feel so alone and depressed right now. You have to admit you are very physically and emotionally sick right now.

You have to address this first. Once your head is clear, take some advice here, and look into this high control cult called Jehovah's Witnesses. I left that relgion a year ago. I was raised a JW, so it was hard to leave but I had to for my own sanity.

That religion was part of the reason my own mother took her own life. Long story and maybe I can tell you all about it one day. But she too was hooked on prescription drugs, and went to rehab but was discourage from staying in a program,,,because the elders thought ,,,,,,, they could handle her problems. They could not and didnt even try. An alcholic or drug abuser has to everyday for the rest of their lives have some kind of support system, I doubt you will find it at the kingdom hall. My mom sure didnt and I know others who didnt.

Do yourself a favor,,,,,,,,, love yourself enough to get well, love yourself enough to examine this religion that is calling your name at your weakest moments....... funny how that happens huh? Believe me it is not Jehovah calling you home , it is fear , fear of being independant and strong. JW's want us to be in their total control, and answer only to them, so the first time you make definate steps to walk away,,,,,,, I can tell you the old mind control tricks start playing tricks on your mind.

I hope you go to AA or NA,,,,,,,,,same principal in both, just a diff, chemical. If you do,,,,,, please tell them about what religion you were involved with,,,,,,,,,,, you will get alot of comments from doctors who have dealt with JW's and how hard it is to break free from an addiciton to drugs and the addicition to that religion.

Concentrate on getting in detox and in therapy be open about your JW past. That is the only way to heal.

• shera
    shera

Sorry to hear you went threw a hard time Rich,like many other people have here as well. Go to AA meetings and do let God back into your life,but.....do a lot of research on the JW's before going back..a little history doesn't hurt.

Take care

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Rich,

I am sorry to hear your drug and alchohol problem. Many people suffering from problems similar to yours join religions such as JW's looking for a religious solution to their problem. And it is true that there are many persons who have become JW's who have overcome problems such as these.

The question is, does that make JW a good religion? That is for you to decide, but it is always helpful to consider more than one point of view. The Watchtower tells you their version of their history, playing up the positives while denying or minimizing any negatives. This site and www.freeminds.org would be good places to investigate why so many JW's have become disillusioned and left the organization.

• minimus
    minimus

Anybody that posts : I WAN'T TO COME BACK TO THE TRUTH on this forum, is more than just suspect. C'mon folks.

• rich_1961
    rich_1961

LYINEYES....? you are wrong...! ive still been around jehavahs witness all my life even though i wasnt in the church myself.no body is trying o control your mind or take over your life.most jws are the most wonderfull people on earth.you were either in the wrong congergation.or you have a problem with jws in general

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

Rich, assuming your serious and not a jokester, you really need to think this out and decide exactly where it is you're trying to get to. If you're tired of drugs and alcohol controling your life and you're just looking for some alternative to control your life, you're on the right track. Just walk into any Kingdom Hall and ask for a Bible study. You'll be well taken. (Care of, that is.) However, if you're really wanting to get your mind clear and get control of your life, there's other sources you will likely find more practical. You might want to start with http://www.nida.nih.gov. or contact a local counseling agency. Once you've got a little better grip on things, do some serious and objective research on exactly what "the truth" has to offer. If that's still what you think you want to be, by all means, carry on!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Rich,

Please go to professionals. Elders are not professionals. Let someone with a degree help you. Let someone who knows about your addiction help you. Your dependance on drugs may be because of your JW past. You need to examine that. Get into a program, and if you decide to become a JW, then more power to you, but please don't just rely on uneducated men who will throw bible verses at you. Get real help.

Good luck bud,

ashi

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

LYINEYES....? you are wrong...! ive still been around jehavahs witness all my life even though i wasnt in the church myself

Weird expression to use.

Rich, my best and strongest advise would be, don't do it! But you do need to seek professional help for drugs and alcohol.

• rich_1961
    rich_1961

SORRY......! KINGDOM HALL

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Rich,

I hope you do whatever you have to do to get clean and sober and have a good life. I understand some people do well in the context of a religious group. It gives them the support of family members as well as a degree of accountability, plus return to the group removes some of the pain of the dissonance caused by acting against one's core beliefs.

During a drug and alcohol crisis might not be the best time to confront my core beliefs and make a stand against my Witness relatives and friends. I hope you follow your instincts and see if that works for you. I hope your goal is total abstinence.

Some of us had to go into an inpatient treatment center and then go to some form of an aftercare support group to help us get into a long term stable period of abstinence. I guess a few people were able to get clean and sober just on desire and living a clean religious life. May you try and find success.

One problem I had with the Witness culture is there is a lot of open as well as closet prescription drug abuse as well as alcohol misuse among the members. I need accepting and sober, clean friends who allow me to talk out my unresolved issues that contributed to my consumption and use. If some of those unresolved issues are religious, abuse by parents or other JWs, or resentments involving group members, the Jehovah's Witnesses block open and honest discussion on many issues not in the best interest of the group leaders.

Some substance abuse issues require hundreds of hours of honest discussion and open inquiry not subject to censorship.

I hope you find a context where you can be comfortable as well as clean and sober. gary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit