I WAN'T TO COME BACK TO THE TRUTH.....!

by rich_1961 72 Replies latest jw friends

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

ALL Trolls say that!

Spanner

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

We're the morons? You can't even spell deleted right.

You need help buddy, and there are people here that have taken time out of their lives to offer you assistance. Shut us out if you'd like, but see what you get if and when you go back to the Hall. They will tell you to develop your relationship with Jehovah, and then if you don't stop drugs and alcohol right away they'll say you're praying hard enough - or maybe it's demonic influence in your life - they'll always make you feel guilty for your problems - what kind of help is that? In reality what you need is professional help.

If we're such morons I DARE you to challenge any of us with a Biblical topic - I gaurantee you we can tell you and/or point you to things you've never read in your life!

C'mon buddy - if we're morons, prove it. Shouldn't be too hard, right? After all, we're the morons and you know much more than us.

Edited by - Englishman on 19 January 2003 14:54:54

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Hey Dick.

As far as us not having a life. I did respond to you earlier. Got off the computer. made some lunch went shopping with my daughter, now I just got back home, I'll put putting on a big pot of soup. I've made fresh bread. Done laundry, folded and put away. Gee sounds like I DON'T HAVE A LIFE

I SURE HOPE YOUR NOT COUNTING FIELD SERVICE TIME FOR THIS.

• JH
    JH
    OBVIOUSLY CAME TOTHE WRONG PLACE.YOU PEOPLE ARE A BUNCH OF FUCKEN MORONS.HOPE YOU ALL GO TO HELL.ILL SEE YA AND NO EVEN IF I DONT GO BACK TO THE KINGDOME HALL.IM CERTAINLY NT GOIN TO COME BACK HERE AND TALK TO YOU FUCKEN IDIOTS.SEE YA

They told me I would be persecuted here.

• Scully
    Scully

Hi Rich, and welcome to our little corner of cyberspace.

just the kind of stupid reply's i thought i would get online...think ill just go to the hall....and NO im not doing this to myself.i use even when i dont want to....you can't posably know what ive been through

I've highlighted the part of your post that indicates to me - I'm a Registered Nurse by the way - that your problem isn't something that is going to disappear when you start going back to meetings. You, my friend, are an addict. The best help you can give yourself, like several other people have already suggested, is to get yourself straightened out in a 12-step program or in detox.

Let me ask you - when you know that what you are doing is not acceptable to JWs - why would you want to torment yourself by going back to the KH, knowing how they are going to treat you, as someone who abuses drugs and alcohol? What would you get out of those kinds of "friendships", other than an excuse to continue abusing drugs and alcohol?? Or are you planning to get sober and exchange your current drugs of choice for an intellectual and spiritual drug that will control your mind and body as much as drugs and alcohol currently do??

Get yourself sober and clean, and don't make any commitment to the JWs until you've answered the questions I asked. Please.

Love, Scully

• wednesday
    wednesday

rich,

have u been living under a rock? By now surley it could not have escaped your notice that most of us are X jehovah's witnesses. Not all of us ar DF or Da, i'm not, a lot of us just faded out, like u have done. Most of us do not want to go back to the hall, and rich, we do have lives. leaving jehovahs witnesses does not mean u go live an immoral life- that is a lie that jehovahs' witness teach. Some of us are in other religions, some of us do not choose to be involved with religion., We can now think for ourselfs. unlike u. But it's not all your fault. They told u could not possibly decide how to live your life without the organization.

btw, rich, the org. really hates the internet and tells jw's to stay off of it. So if u are looking for a real jw site, you'll be hard pressed to find one. Even some sites that defend JW's are not approved by the org. But someone might have a link, i do not.

So if u really want to go back, go on down to the nearest kingdom hall and see when they hold an meeting and attend. But u will have to stay out of those chat rooms. they are not Watchtower approved.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Rich,

This NOT a Jehovah's Witness site! This is an "apostate" site. The one's posting here have either LEFT the Watchtower or are in the process of leaving. There are very few "active" JW's posting at this site. Hope that clears things up for you.

NewLight2

• rich_1961
    rich_1961

hey scully...? i already know im an adict.and i never said that simply going back to the kingdom hall was going to get me clean.im just trying to say ive done 4 rehabs and hundreds and hundres of aa meetings over the last 10 or 12 years and they simply do not work for -ME- i didnt realise the there were no jehovah's wittnesses on a jehovah's witness site.i just came on here to try and get a litle moral support.ive just moved to a new city away from family.and the drinking has only gotten worse.even though i sill go to outpatian and counceling.i thought by getting back into the truth.i could meet new friends and try and build a sober network.ok so maybe jw is not for me.i must admit there are a few things they taught that i really dont agree with.but i think you'll find that in any religion.its just that i know jw best and wanted to start somewhere.anything, ANYTHING even being a jehovah's wittness has to be better than putting down a fith of 100 proof vodka a day,tossing all your meals and watching your body deteriorate....!woulnt you at leat agree with that...? im desperate for sobriety.an i hope by meeting new friends i the kingdom hall and staying with a program.i can build a sober network and beet this thing once and for all.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

As soon as this guy responed to me,,,,,,,,, I knew he was a troll.

I mean come on,,,,,,,, this one stands out like a sore thumb. I make a heartfelt reply to the guy, even refering to my mom's drug addiction and suicide , which hurt to talk about. I feel telling others in a similar situation may save their lives. Therefore I feel a little less embarrassed talking about it, and I wouldnt want to talk about my mom in away as to not show her proper respect for what she went thru.

He mentioned non on that,,,,,,,,, went straight for the one sentence I said about mind control. And that it must have been my congragation.............LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I have been to a a4 diff. congregations and they are all the same.

Rich....... dear......... please don't tell me ,,,,,,,,someone who has been raised, BAPTIZED, and elder's daughter , and elders wife,,,,,,,,,,I don't know what I am talking about. I saw alot more than I would like to admit going on behind the scenes of the JW"s ,,,,,,, but always ignored what I thought Jehovah would handle in his due time.

Well he didnt handle it, it is still going on, he is not going to handle it...... and I walked the hell out of that sick organization.

But this is more for the real people who are reading this, not this rich person , who I am sure if yanking our chains. Real good Rich,,,,,,,,, like you thought this was a real JW site to support the WT,,,,,, it doesnt take but a few minutes of reading to see you were in the wrong place, but I think you knew that................ anyway,,,,,,,,, have a good life Rich, if you are truly on drugs , you are really messed up to treat people who held their hand out to you , in the way you did. Get help and then come back and talk to us like we deserve to be talked to.

• Scully
    Scully

Hi Rich:

hey scully...? i already know im an adict.and i never said that simply going back to the kingdom hall was going to get me clean.im just trying to say ive done 4 rehabs and hundreds and hundres of aa meetings over the last 10 or 12 years and they simply do not work for -ME- i didnt realise the there were no jehovah's wittnesses on a jehovah's witness site.i just came on here to try and get a litle moral support.ive just moved to a new city away from family.and the drinking has only gotten worse.even though i sill go to outpatian and counceling.i thought by getting back into the truth.i could meet new friends and try and build a sober network.ok so maybe jw is not for me.i must admit there are a few things they taught that i really dont agree with.but i think you'll find that in any religion.its just that i know jw best and wanted to start somewhere.anything, ANYTHING even being a jehovah's wittness has to be better than putting down a fith of 100 proof vodka a day,tossing all your meals and watching your body deteriorate....!woulnt you at leat agree with that...? im desperate for sobriety.an i hope by meeting new friends i the kingdom hall and staying with a program.i can build a sober network and beet this thing once and for all.

I think you need a swift kick in the arse (excuse my French) to make you stop believing that someone or something outside of yourself is responsible for your addiction, and to also make you stop believing that someone or something outside of yourself will make you get sober/clean.

Ultimately, you have to believe that YOU are worth the effort of becoming clean and sober, not so that you'll have (conditional JW) friends again, but so that you'll be able to be your own friend; not so that you can be acceptable to "Jehovah" (who - not unlike Santa Claus - always knows when you're naughty and nice), but so that you can respect yourself again.

I have never been in a position where I've put down a fifth of 100 proof vodka every day - so I'm not in a position to know that being a JW is better than that. If you take the time to look at a few personal stories on here, you'll see that for some of us, being a JW was probably worse than that. Being a JW almost caused me to commit suicide, that much I do know. That's why I wouldn't recommend it as an alternative to alcoholism.

Nobody said it was going to be easy to get clean and sober. I do know that a lot of serious self-examination needs to be done if you are serious about it. You need to find out what it is about you that you hate so very much that you're willing to destroy yourself. Maybe you've buried something traumatic from your childhood that you don't even remember. You need to find someone with the skills to help you do that searching in a safe way. JWs do not have that kind of training, they won't understand, and they won't be able to empathize with you. Their magic fix for everything is "Meetings, Field Service, and Prayer". You need something more than that. That's all I'm saying.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit