JW Threatened me with Violence Today :)

by cofty 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    Good job Cofty - Keep up the fine fight.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

I also popped in to the supermarket today for a few things after work today and found myself walking up an aisle along side a couple of my former meat eating friends. I see them reasonably often and always say hello much to their obvious annoyance. Ian noticed my trolley contained no meat . The isle was less empty without my pork cutlets.

Ian. " you don't eat pig anymore, do you?

Me " That's none of your business"

Ian " I am just curious why you think this way, when you know it tastes so good?"

Me " That's none of your business"

Isn" I am just curious why you behave this way when you eat fish"

Me ( getting up in Ian's face) " Do you want me to hit you? "

Ian " If you hit me I will f..king deck you "

Conclusion,.....anyway I am looking forward to seeing Ian again. This little incident will provide for weeks of teasing. However maybe if I had showed Ian the evidence to my believes, and respected him we could simply remain friends who begged to differ.

Be the bigger man.

The Rebel.

• cantleave
    cantleave

A British court would not view somebody saying hello to you as mitigation for hitting them.

- 14 Why so many negs for a statement of fact??

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Neither displayed proper JW behavior. Oh, how peaceful it would be if we put into practice what taught at the KH"

SL

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    While their behavior is certainly despicable, it is their right to shun you. In this situation, you already knew that they desired to avoid any social interaction with you, yet you disregarded their wishes and imposed the interaction they sought to avoid upon them. What did you accomplish? Your words, although they are likely true, caused offense. Ian will never respect anything you say, and, notwithstanding his religious views/affiliations, he may indeed respond to future provocations with physical violence. Legal action could follow; either criminal charges or civil lawsuits. Is it worth it? Good luck to you.
  • passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

"It is their right to shun you."

Of course it is. Let's use this forum to defend that right and the childish behaviour that goes along with it rather than celebrate those who refuse to recognise the emotional and psychological abuse that is shunning.

• mana11
    mana11

They seem to be judging you as an inferior human being,

if they are not attending meetings, they may have issues that are being torn apart in their lives by the very elders they loved. time is a test of all things.

YES you should have greeted them. but you got a result, learn from that result.

If you knew they are not attending meetings, the next comments were reasonable.

their reaction is the negative but are you aware as to why they are so hostile.

Did they do something against you, maybe that you are NOT aware of?, their reaction is strange unless there is something between you guys that you are, or are not aware of.

Many times brothers that you think are loyal actually go to the elders behind your back and tell on you!, maybe they have a guilty conscience and that causes them to display this expression of rejection towards you.

Have they heard something about you they is really outrageous that would cause them to have this contempt.

You seem to think they should be your friends. This is an error on your part.

Really in the kingdom hall as a devout JW count on your hand the people that are your true friends. and you get more than 10? - probably not.

When you are out of the org, count again, only then will you know whom is true friends. they chose not to be your friends regardless of situation. Respect that!. it might hurt you, but SHUN THEM! as though they don't even exist. They might be hurting a lot more than you realize and for reasons you have no idea about.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I think all forms of physical violence, also does a damage to the one who inflicts it.

The Rebel.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

<<<<"It is their right to shun you.">>>>

[[[Of course it is. Let's use this forum to defend that right and the childish behavior that goes along with it rather than celebrate those who refuse to recognise the emotional and psychological abuse that is shunning.]]]

Passwordprotected, please provide a reference to anything I have said in "defense" of their right to shun. All of us have a Constitutional right to choose our associations, and shun or not shun others as we see fit. I acknowledged that right, but nothing in my post "defended" it.

While you apparently believe that provoking unnecessary conflict with JWs that leads to threats of violence is something that should be "celebrated," I happen to believe that this sort of conduct is counter-productive and does nothing good for anyone, while at the same time carrying legal risks. Since you've committed to the position that provoking unnecessary conflict with JWs is something that should be "celebrated," please explain to the forum what, if any, positive results can come from the approach you're advocating.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The individual right to shun someone is entirely warranted. However, at least under european legislagion, it is a violation of law that an institution teaches, instigates, and forcefully imposes on its members the obligation to shun others for differences of belief, religious affiliation, ethnicity and sexual orientation.

There's a significant difference, which I'm sure you can appreciate.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit