JW Threatened me with Violence Today :)

by cofty 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Autumnation4414
    Autumnation4414
    Ian sounds like a punk ass bitch like most witnesses. All talk but don't have a clue how to handle themselves.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

144,001- a "Constitutional right?"

Let's not assume everyone on the internet is American.

• cofty
    cofty

It's amusing that some people think I posted this because I wanted legal advice - especially advice from the former colonies.

It's depressing if predictable that others seem incapable of reading an OP.

I have no interest in defending my actions to anybody but for the record there was absolutely nothing in my approach to Ian that could ever, in any way be interpreted as provocative.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Agree 100% with EdenOne.

There is a chasmic difference in choosing one's company, and being forced into avoidance (ESPECIALLY of family members) by any institution.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Sounds like a lovers quarrel

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Different people have different views on how they wish to deal with life and former friends/acquaintances after leaving the WTS organisation. Some are happy to leave it all in the past but I see nothing wrong with challenging stupid behaviour if done in a way suitable to the context.

According to Cofty's account, here we have a couple who seemingly are no longer completely under the control of the org yet persist in maintaining the worst aspect of the social control norms of the organisation - i.e. the "lalala, fingers in ears, I can't hear you" avoidance of any minimal acknowledgement of an ex-JW.

The guy could just have reacted to Cofty because he thinks Cofty is a belligerent arsehole. Maybe that's true. but even though I've never met Cofty, nothing he says on here suggests to me that he is needlessly provocative, belligerent or any type of person even approaching an arsehole. I suspect that it's more because Cofty touched a nerve about this guy's hypocritical and illogical actions.

Well done Cofty.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Ian - (Getting up in my face) "Do you want me to hit you?"

Sounds like there could be assault charges coming your way and a healthy monetary settlement, coming mine.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

It's amusing that some people think I posted this because I wanted legal advice - especially advice from the former colonies.

It's amusing that you presume that providing legal advice was the motive for my post, when in reality the purpose of my post was to respond to your boasts of what I consider to be foolish conduct, notwithstanding my presence in the "former colonies" and your apparent status as the successor to the redcoats.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Let's not assume everyone on the internet is American.

Good point, GrreatTeacher! Thank you for the reminder.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Ian - (Getting up in my face) "Do you want me to hit you?"

Cofty : "Sounds like there could be assault charges coming your way and a healthy monetary settlement, coming mine."

The above was meant to be Cofty's reply to Ian after he made the threat of assault, indicating that such an assault could result in legal charges brought against Ian and a monetary settlement in favor of Cofty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit