JW Threatened me with Violence Today :)

by cofty 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I popped into the supermarket for a few things after work today and found myself walking up an aisle alongside a couple who used to be in my Tuesday group. I see them reasonably often and always say hello much to their obvious annoyance. I noticed that Ian was sporting a shaggy beard. The aisle was empty apart from the three of us.

So as usual I said a big friendly hello to them both which was met with the usual staring at the ceiling.

Me - "You don't even go to the meetings anymore do you Ian?"

Ian - "That's none of your business"

Me - "I'm just curious about why you still behave this way when you're not even in the cult anymore".

Ian - (Getting up in my face) "Do you want me to hit you?"

Me - "Ian if you hit me I will f***ing deck you"

Ian's body language changes from aggressive to defensive "oh will you....."

Me - "Did you really just threaten me with violence for saying hello to you Ian? Really?"

In the past couple of weeks I have noticed that another JW who I see often and who usually manages polite hello was in full shun mode. I wonder if me making the cult cart run away is starting to annoy them.

Anyway I am looking forward to the seeing Ian again. This little incident will provide ammunition for weeks of teasing.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo
    My older brother decked two elders in the same moment with a quick left and a right when they got in his face once. They did not try that again. Maybe cos he's a fealess 6"3' and weighs in at a hefty 18 stone of solid beef with wrists thicker than your calves and club hammers for fists.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I know in my area apostate alerts travel fast, so you could be right about them being annoyed.

I find it interesting how all it takes is just a simple question or even a greeting can set them off, and you get to meet the real them - the one with teeth, ready to commit violence because you are the enemy "apostate."

If I see one in the supermarket now, they act like I should be apologizing for breathing it takes all my resolve and confidence to remain unaffected. So well done for how you handled it.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Next time tease him about his beard

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

That's just some good ole fashioned Christian folk doing some grocery shopping. (sarcasm)

Gotta love the happification that is just boiling beneath the surface of these JW drones.

• Clambake
    Clambake
    I don't know you on a personal level but you post like an asshole. I am sure lots of people want to hit you LoL.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Looks like Ian needs to review the fruitages of the spirit before he goes a shunning. Tisk tisk! lol
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I wish I could find one that would take a swing.
  • Simon
    Simon
    They just ooze christian love don't they? Jesus must be so proud of them. LOL
  • cofty
    cofty
    I am sure lots of people want to hit you - Clambake

That is entirely possible. I find I get on really well with the sort of people I enjoy spending time with. Popularity has never been high on my list of priorities.

The great thing about giving up supernatural delusions is never having to experience the frustration of defending the indefensible. Whenever I confront JWs you can see the simmering anger just beneath the plastic smiles and phoney politeness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit