UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• dubla
    dubla
    i mean how realistic is that? this would require behind the scene negotiations that take much longer than 48 hours.

ugh...broken record scenario here, but ill spell it out for you one more time. the u.s. encouraged exile LONG BEFORE the 48 hour deadline. if saddam had an any time indicated (even privately) to the u.s. that he would consider exile, then those types of negotiations could have taken place. there was much more time given to hussein than the 48 deadline. he gave zero indications to the u.s. or the arab world that he would ever even consider leaving. everyone who even knows the slighest bit about saddam knows he would never admit defeat by leaving.

aa

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

So when the US troops take over Iraq and say they don't find any WMD, do you think the American Administration will admit they made a mistake?? Think about it. Would they not make sure their is evidence there of WMD? I have been around to long to believe everything that is being told to us.

Will

• dubla
    dubla
    So when the US troops take over Iraq and say they don't find any WMD

you dont have to worry about that.......its obvious to anyone who can logically connect two dots together (dot 1: saddam had wmd at one time, and dot 2: saddam cannot prove with documentation that he destroyed them), that there indeed are wmd in iraq, and will be found.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

how do you know what was going on behind the scenes? how do you know saddam did not try to negotiate about exile? and finally when did the first state offer exile to hussein?

• dubla
    dubla
    how do you know what was going on behind the scenes? how do you know saddam did not try to negotiate about exile?

well, first off i know enough about saddam to know he would never admit defeat and leave, which most people realize. secondly, many nations tried to talk saddam into leaving, and i would imagine that if at any time he privately indicated to anyone that he would consider it, this consideration would have been made public. do you really think the u.s. would keep saddams words in confidence? lol.

and finally when did the first state offer exile to hussein?

hard to say, as most of the arab offers were not made public. by the way, the u.s. still maintains that saddam can leave the country without being killed, if he would volunteer to do so.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

you do realize the CIA has the order to kill saddam?!

you do realize that the US would have an even harder time to justify the occupation of iraq if hussein would indeed resign.

you do realize that the US cannot be interested to make any behind the scenes discussion about exile public as long as this would show that the US is trying to screw saddam.

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

you do realize the CIA has the order to kill saddam?!

as long as he is a viable military target during war, yes of course.

you do realize that the US would have an even harder time to justify the occupation of iraq if hussein would indeed resign.

no, it wouldnt be hard to justify whatsoever. we have to occupy iraq until the entire regime is dismantled, and a new regime is in place.

you do realize that the US cannot be interested to make any behind the scenes discussion about exile public as long as this would show that the US is trying to screw saddam.

actually i could see where it would be a huge advantage to make public even the slightest hint that saddam was considering exile. this would show weakness to his loyal subjects, thus highly increasing the chances of a leadership breakdown in the event of war. saddams best move, to keep loyalty in tact, was to play the hard line and declare that iraq would be victorious, which he did. any opportunity the u.s. had to undermine this stance to his subjects wouldve surely been taken.

aa

• Realist
    Realist
    as long as he is a viable military target during war, yes of course.

not during the war but over the last couple of years!

no, it wouldnt be hard to justify whatsoever.

with world wide opposition already this would not be a problem for either bush nor blair? i don't think so.

advantage to make public even the slightest hint that saddam was considering exile.

and who exactly would see that? iraqi TV would most likely not broadcast that.

also the iraqi troops are defecting with or without hussein considering exile.

• dubla
    dubla
    not during the war but over the last couple of years!

can you show me some evidence of this?

with world wide opposition already this would not be a problem for either bush nor blair? i don't think so.

thats the whole point. there is already opposition worldwide (in addition to worldwide support), to what we are doing now. what, the opposition would suddenly become stronger if saddam stepped down? theres no stopping a complete regime change at this point, saddam stepping down would only save lives in the process. believe me, we would still occupy iraq.

and who exactly would see that? iraqi TV would most likely not broadcast that.

also the iraqi troops are defecting with or without hussein considering exile.

i dont know if youre intentionally sidestepping the points im making, or if youre really just missing them. who would see it? um, just all the top officials and the republican guard, who all have access to satelite television, and have no doubt been tuning into cnn for months to find out when the bombs are going to hit their city. are you naive enough to think they only watch iraqi stations? now, the troops you speak of do not have access to cnn, you are correct there....but their surrendering is not what i was talking about. we dont need to undermine saddams stance in order to get them to surrender, they already hate saddam! he sends them into the desert with little food and sparce defenses, and they are commanded to be loyal. the majority of them are glad to see the u.s. troops invading.....they get a nice spot under the coalition tents with food and water until this is over. the leadership is who i was speaking of.....the loyal ones. once their faith in saddams stance weakens, his whole regime weakens.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

CIA: http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/7891/bay-cmls.html

the only argument bush has is that hussein is a crazy war monger who wants to destroy the US with his WMD and wants to occupy the whole world. so if this myth is gone than whats left?

blair has already 80% of the population and 1/3 of his own party against him. the situation in the other countries that support bush is the same ...italy, turkey etc.

and even in the US there is quite someopposition to the war...so it is not irrelevant that bad bad hussein is still there.

who do you think are the members of the guard? you think they have a free mind???? these are the most brainwashed guys in the whole damn country. just like the US soldiers would never accept anything that isn'T broadcasted by bush so would these guys not accept anything that comes from CNN.

the top people around hussein know what is going on and they would have to be considered in any diplomatic solution. all others would be told its a lie from the US.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit