UN FINDS WMD...OK saddam lovers, what now?

by dolphman 280 Replies latest social current

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Back,

I have to agree with you. If Saddam or one of his knuckle heads uses some WMD on our troops its going to get really ugly.

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

so far i haven't heard any country offering asylum to hussein. if he is guaranteed a save heaven and his money somewhere and doesn't agree than we can discuss his rationality.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/middleeast/view/32133/1/.html

hes obviously not moving, is it time to discuss his rationality yet?

aa

• dubla
    dubla

another one......

Bahrain offers exile

Bahrain's king has offered "safe exile" to Saddam Hussein, saying he hopes the Iraqi leader "would seriously consider this offer, before the onset of war," the government-run Bahrain News Agency said Wednesday.

King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa "announced that Bahrain is willing to accommodate Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, if he wishes to reside here, with dignity and without disgrace to Iraq."

The king said that Bahrain's initiative "comes as part of its nationalistic responsibilities, towards ensuring security and stability in the region, in order to avoid war on Iraq and its people."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/19/sprj.irq.main/index.html

aa

• Realist
    Realist

can you verify the story about turkey? i coudn't.

bahrain offers exile??? what exactly can bahrain guarantee to hussein with US troops all around?

you have to grasp the concept of a safe exile first! this would require a legally binding document for all sides that hussein is safe where ever he moves to. if bush does not sign the treaty its worthless. it is rediculous to say either you leave the country or we go to war. hussein would be dead within a few days of him leaving.

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

the bush administration had already agreed to let him go into exile (of course if youre the paranoid type that believes bush cannot tell the truth about anything, then i suppose that would be lost on you). if saddam wouldve ever once even considered it publicly, then those types of negotiations could go on. should we sign a treaty even though saddam went on the record several thousand times saying he would never, ever, ever go into exile? obviously this debate has become a joke. saddam has proven himself irrational, even by your standards, and you just refuse to admit it (though id have to guess youve finally admitted it to yourself). by the way, its been reported that many other arab nations had also privately offered safe exile to hussein, even practically begging him to come in order to avert war. the man never even considered any offers......of course with your technicalities, there was never any real offer....they were all just fakes.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

technicalities? you mean hussein was offered safe conduct by the US? you must be kidding me.

all i have heard is bush saying saddam has to leave or iraq will be attacked. where was there a sincere offer made by the bush administration?

i am sorry, but the way bush demanded this (without any diplomacy involved) over the media was purely for propaganda and of course not a sincere offer anyone could or would accept.

• dubla
    dubla
    i am sorry, but the way bush demanded this (without any diplomacy involved) over the media was purely for propaganda and of course not a sincere offer anyone could or would accept.

you speak as if the ultimatum was the first time bush offered saddam a chance to leave. perhaps you havent been keeping up on the news, but the bush administration had been repeating their stance for some time now, that they would encourage exile. its about regime change, not killing one man. why would we have a need to hunt him down and kill him if we had already taken over the iraqi government? youre not using your head here. this thinking that we have to kill saddam doesnt even fit with your stated opinion of our objectives (that this is all about oil). if saddam was out of iraq with zero power, couldnt we easily secure the oil fields?

aa

• Realist
    Realist

1. bush never negotiated with hussein about exile. he demanded it over the media. this is not how it works.

2. hussein would not be safe for several reasons. a) because he knows a lot of shit about the US administration and what happened during the times he was bush sen.'s and rumsfeld's big buddy. b) there are many groups that would like to see him dead. bush is not the only one. c) even if not killed there would be a pretty good chance that he would be caputred and put before an international court.

• dubla
    dubla
    1. bush never negotiated with hussein about exile. he demanded it over the media. this is not how it works.

and as i said before, if hussein wouldve ever, at any given time, even once given any indication to anyone that he would at least consider exile, then these types of negotiations you speak of might have been able to take place. but as we both know, saddam never gave that indication. we couldve gauranteed saddam a nice mansion to live in under the protection of a thousand armies and he wouldve refused it. cant you see hes way to proud to ever leave his country? leaving his homeland would be a major sign of weakness, and a defeat.......two things he would never bring on himself. if you knew as much about saddam as you think you do, youd already know this to be true.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

diplomatic negotiations are not made via TV. was hussein supposed to tell bush over the media that he bows down to US threats? i mean how realistic is that? this would require behind the scene negotiations that take much longer than 48 hours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit